Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Client VPNG01L End of life

OutOfDate
Aspirant

VPN Client VPNG01L End of life

If the VPN Client is end of life, what are we supposed to use instead?

I have used the clientless connection with the SSL312 then the SRXN3205 but these are almost impossible to keep in service with newer operating systems or browsers. I have now started using VPN CLient but dont seem to be able to buy a licenses?

Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VPN Client VPNG01L End of life

Hi OutOfDate, 

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as a I know, the VPNG01L is not yet End-Of-Life or EOL.  Check this NETGEAR EOL Bulletin as reference.  

You may purchase a license for the VPNG01L from any NETGEAR Authorized Resellers here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
OutOfDate
Aspirant

Its on the list just below the SRXN3205. Near the bottom.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi OutOfDate,

The SRXN3205 is already End-Of-Life and its replacement is the FVS318N.  Both VPN01L and the VPN05L are also End-Of-Life, however, the VPNG01L and VPNG05L are the replacements respectively.  Check the screenshot I made below: 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

The VPNG01L SKU client works perfect 🙂 The SKU that you are refering to is some really old version, not sure how that would run on newer OSes like WIndows 10, but the VPNG01L works fine. 

There are also some other alternative IPSec clients out there that can be used, they can be a bit trickier to set up though and not all of them work.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements