Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Virtual Passage Installation error - Windows 7 and Netgear FVS336Gv2 VPN Firewall

cisberg
Aspirant

Virtual Passage Installation error - Windows 7 and Netgear FVS336Gv2 VPN Firewall

I have a Netgear FVS336Gv2 VPN Firewall with the firmware 4.3.3-5 installed but I can't get my Windows 7 Professional machines to connect properly.  The Windows 7 machines are 64-bit and they can log into the site.  I've added the site to their Trusted Sites for Internet Explorer 11 and adjusted the settings for Active-X to make sure I can install the application when I connect.  

When I attempt to connect using the VPN Tunnel option, I will get an error at the bottom that states:

"WARNING: Virtual Passage could not be installed.  Verify you are running Microsoft Internet Explorer and your browser security settings allow ActiveX Controls.  To enable ActiveX, add this site as a Trusted Site in your browser's Internet Options >> Security menu."

I've done all that but the message just keeps popping up the first time I click on the link each time.  If I click the "Connect using VPN Tunnel" a second time (after I get that message), the Virtual Passage starts to install but then just stops with the error message:

"Error: Virtual Passage Installation Failed!"

I even tried rebooting the computer and pressing F8 to select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" but I still can't get the Virtual Passage to installed.  I also removed the virus protection on the computer and turned off all the public and local firewalls for Microsoft to make sure nothing was interfering.  Does anyone have any other suggestions for getting this to work?  I am not sure what else to try at this point.  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
cisberg
Aspirant

Re: Virtual Passage Installation error - Windows 7 and Netgear FVS336Gv2 VPN Firewall

I still can't get into the Community site to view the link you sent, but I was able to access the PDF you made available through the app.box.  I followed those instructions and now I am able to get the Virtual Passage installation to work.  Thank you for the help!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Virtual Passage Installation error - Windows 7 and Netgear FVS336Gv2 VPN Firewall

Hi cisberg,

Just want to share this forum thread below about how to run SSLVPN on Windows 7 64-bit with IE 11 and it might help you as your reference guide as well: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/VPN-Routers/How-to-run-SSLVPN-on-Windows-7-64-bit-with-IE-11/td-p/5...

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

Message 2 of 11
cisberg
Aspirant

I tried clicking on the link but it says I don't have sufficient priviledges to access the information.  

Message 3 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cisberg,

After clicking the link and its asking you to enter login credentials, kindly enter your e-mail and password that you use to sign in here in the newly launch Netgear Community so that you could access the link I have provided on my previous response.

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

Message 4 of 11
cisberg
Aspirant

I tried again (closing out Chrome completely) and after entering my credentials I got the same "Access Denied" message.  

Message 5 of 11
cisberg
Aspirant

Also, I just tried lauching the connection using IE 11 64-bit (instead of the default 32-bit) and I don't get the error message any more about adding the site to the Trusted Sites.  However, the Virtual Passage installation still fails after I click on the VPN tunnel link.  

Message 6 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cisberg,

Were you able to access the link I have provided?  Its because I can access it just fine on a different PC just by signing in to the new Netgear community.

Kindly try the following steps below:

1. Close IE11 64-bit

2. Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and Visual C++ 2008.  Here are the links below respectively: 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18471

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10015

3. Open IE11 64-bit
4. Added the portal to "Trusted Sites."
5. Tried to login to the Portal.  

Note: If ever the above steps does not work, try to reboot your PC and try to login to the portal again.

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

Message 7 of 11
cisberg
Aspirant

I installed the two items you mentioned and even after rebooting the Virtual Passage installation still fails.  I double-check to make sure the site was in the Trusted Site and I verified that all ActiveX controls were set to either "Enable" or "Prompt".  Is there anything else I can try?  I don't understand how the firmware states it works for up to Windows 8.1 but I can't get the Windows 7 Professional computers to connect.  

Message 8 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cisberg,

Were you able to access the forum thread I have provided on my first response to you?  If not yet, just kindly access this link below then kindly follow the steps provided:

https://app.box.com/s/9izodg83gsixbtc8i91y

Are there any software firewall or anti-virus installed on your Windows 7 Professional computers?  If yes,  kindly disable it for the meantime then try to login to the Portal again.  Check if it helps.

Furthermore,  kindly check this article below as your reference guide on how to configure SSL VPN:

SSL VPN Manual Setup

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

Message 9 of 11
cisberg
Aspirant

I still can't get into the Community site to view the link you sent, but I was able to access the PDF you made available through the app.box.  I followed those instructions and now I am able to get the Virtual Passage installation to work.  Thank you for the help!

Message 10 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cisberg,

I am happy that it is now working Smiley Happy  Yehey!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Cheers,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements