Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired router with POE and Gigabit ethernet to run two Linksys AC1750 access points?

Tetsugaku
Follower

Wired router with POE and Gigabit ethernet to run two Linksys AC1750 access points?

Hello, I'm looking for a recommendation for a wired Router with POE and Gigabit ethernet to connect to two LinkSys AC1750 ceiling access points routing internet on the WAN socket from a british Virgin Media cable connection - can anyone advise a good solution?

I'm a home office / small office user so there's several wired devices going in and a mix of wireless clients. I need at least 8 ethernet sockets. SPeed performance and reliablity are important, but not important enough to go overboard on cost!

Huge thanks to you all.

Message 1 of 2
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wired router with POE and Gigabit ethernet to run two Linksys AC1750 access points?

Hi Tetsugaku, 

Welcome to the community! 

As of the moment we do not have a router with PoE functionality, what I can recommend are two units. You can get an FVS318G, it's a non-wireless firewall router with 8-gigabit ports, VPN and high security (this will connect to your Virgin Media cable connection and distribute it to your devices). For the switch, I would like to recommend the GS110TP. The GS110TP is an 8-port all PoE gigabit switch with additional 2 SFP ports, this is very small and has a metal casing. 

If you have more questions, the community is happy to help! 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements