× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't change profile. Can't register my 25 switches. Need support.

KFS-Bill
Aspirant

Can't change profile. Can't register my 25 switches. Need support.

This is a general question about all (25) of my switches. Cannot register after logging in. Profile changes do not save.

Also created and PAID for an insight account - DOES NOT WORK. Would purchase warranties if I could.

Model: S3300-28X-PoE+ (GS728TXP)|ProSafe 24 ports stackable smart switches with POE+,M5300-52G-POE+ (GSM7252PSv1h2)|Prosafe 48+4 L2+ POE Stackable Managed Switch,WC7600|ProSafe Wireless Controller,M7100-24X (XSM7224)|ProSafe 24 ports 10G fully managed L2 switch
Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@KFS-Bill wrote:

This is a general question about all (25) of my switches. Cannot register after logging in. Profile changes do not save.

Attempting to register your Netgear products for an existing account on the my.netgear.com -> My Account -> Register a Product ?

MyNEtgear - Register a product.PNG 

@KFS-Bill wrote:

Also created and PAID for an insight account - DOES NOT WORK.

Have any Insight managed devices at all? Reason for asking - can't see any in the tagged products. What kind of subscription - Insight Premium? Insight Pro for Reseller/VAR/MSP? And then, please what have you tried to do, and what does not work? Crystal ball is broken. 

Message 2 of 6
KFS-Bill
Aspirant

I'm not sure if your first reply was an answer. But I have logged into my. netgear.com account. It says I have no products registered under my profile. If I copy and paste a 13 digit s/n from a switch I get "Something went wrong, Please contact support team." The way your website is configured, I can't contact the support team without a registered product. So now what ? 

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

it's not my Web site. Most people helping here in the community are not Netgear employees, contractors, or consultants. At least we understand how you tried to register the products.

Some Netgear moderators have to pick this up. @ChristineT @Christian_R

And the part with the Insight thing isn't answered.

Message 4 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you @schumaku

Hello @KFS-Bill - Thank you for reaching out to us. Please send me a message with your contact info and I will have our Customer Care Team get in touch with you to have this corrected. 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 6
KFS-Bill
Aspirant

In reply to the second item regarding an Insight account. It may not have taken because I could not register any switches. And I paid $4.99 (I think) to try it on 1 switch. But I'm not going back through 6 months worth of cc statements for $4.99. 

The only reason I back is because I got an email notifying me that my 30 trial has expired. Oh yes I created another account a month ago but still could not register any switches. I have tens of thousands of dollars invested in Netgear switches that I can't get support on because I can't register them. And forget about become an "Insight Success Story" 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements