× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connect 2 gs324T switches with 2 vlans both together.

H3LD3R
Aspirant

Connect 2 gs324T switches with 2 vlans both together.

So here is my problem.

I have two GS324T switches and i have made two vlans on each switch both the same.

1t/m12 + 25&26 are my LAN ports and 13t/m 24 are my WAN ports.

The software version is 1.0.0.17

When i connect both switches in the lan vlan then i can see everything that i have in both switches.
But when i put in my Internet line in one of the switches in my WAN vlan then i dont have internet.
When i pull the cable out of the lan vlan i do have internet connection on both.

Has someone had the same issue?

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Based on the information supplied, I'm a little bit lost what makes up the two VLAN, what IP subnets are intended, and how the VLANs with multiple ports are interconnected.

Message 2 of 5
H3LD3R
Aspirant

I understand! Thanks for replying. I have made a small drawing so i hope this makes it more clear.

What i wanted to create were just simple two vlan's that act like seperate switches inside the 324.
But im not a network professional and i have had struggles with this!

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Still unclear about the 1t/m12 13t/m24 notation.

To establish a VLAN 1 resp. a VLAN 13 "LAN" connection, the ports need to be untagged to the respective VLAN ID and the PVID must be set accordingly, too.

Message 4 of 5
H3LD3R
Aspirant

Ah Yes, they are just the ports i use in the vlan. So vlan 1 is also Id 1 and 2 id 2 on both and all ports in both vlans are untagged
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements