× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724T - Set it to be a general switch without management

ccklau
Aspirant

GS724T - Set it to be a general switch without management

Dear All,

My switch is GS724Tv4. Its Boot Version is B1.0.0.4 and its Software Version is 6.3.1.19.

I would like to make sure that my switch is set to be a general 24-port switch without management or a 24-port unmanaged switch.

Does the factory settings perform to be an unmanaged switch? What I need to have is the statistics of the ports and all other functions are useless in my environment.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Kens

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSafe 24 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS724T - Set it to be a general switch without management

Hi ccklau,

Welcome to our community!

It seems that the firmware is up to date. Just run the switch out of the box and it will work as an unmanaged switch. You may also try to set it to factory default just to make sure that everything is set.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ccklau,

Welcome to our community!

It seems that the firmware is up to date. Just run the switch out of the box and it will work as an unmanaged switch. You may also try to set it to factory default just to make sure that everything is set.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
ccklau
Aspirant

Hi JohnCarloV,

Thanks for your advices.

Regards,
Ccklau
Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ccklau,

You may just follow this link for further instructions. How do I reset a smart switch to factory default settings? 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements