× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724TPS no Ports and Lags on VLAN Membership

tuxuser
Initiate

GS724TPS no Ports and Lags on VLAN Membership

Hi,

i bought a GS724TPS and i want to setup it now. I'm missing the PORTs and LAGs on the VLAN membership configuration page. Has everybody an idea or can help me why the items miss?

Best greetings

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

The GS724TPS is an elderly 18+ years old switch model, released on 4 June, 2007

Yes, I've seen some similar reports here in the community, this might be indeed a Web UI incompatibility with modern browsers. Or in a few case a problem with some Internet "security" software corrupting JavaScript. 

The only relief is making use of the legacy IE11 (hard to do because M$ prohibits continues using it), or use the modern Edge and set it to the Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge. Its usage is not limited to Windows, it's available and works the same way for MacOS with Intel and Apple chips.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The GS724TPS is an elderly 18+ years old switch model, released on 4 June, 2007

Yes, I've seen some similar reports here in the community, this might be indeed a Web UI incompatibility with modern browsers. Or in a few case a problem with some Internet "security" software corrupting JavaScript. 

The only relief is making use of the legacy IE11 (hard to do because M$ prohibits continues using it), or use the modern Edge and set it to the Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge. Its usage is not limited to Windows, it's available and works the same way for MacOS with Intel and Apple chips.

Message 2 of 3
tuxuser
Initiate

Hello and thank you very much, the Internet Explorer mode was really successful. I already had a suspicion and had tried all common browsers, unfortunately without success. The device is very old, but should still fulfill its purpose.
Many thanks for your quick help

Best regards...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements