× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724TS Leds showing incorrect port speed

ganewson
Aspirant

GS724TS Leds showing incorrect port speed

Hi

I've just installed 6 stacked GS724TS switches and the only thing I did was to allocate an Ip address to the master switch. Everything else was set to the defaults.

When devices were connected the leds were showing flashing yellow which indicates a speed of 10m and a few where flashing green which I would of expected for all the ports.

I've now fixed the port speed at 100m and have set random PC's network adpaters at the fixed speed of 100m full duplex and it's made no difference to the led's colour.

The ports showing the correct colour flashing leds have the same adapter and port settings as the ones that don't.

Any ideas anyone

Thanks

Gary
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

did you got switch interface and look at link speed. default should be Auto but could be different
Message 2 of 5
ganewson
Aspirant

Hi thanks for looking

Sorry but by link speed do you mean port speed in port configuration, if so don't have auto option only 10m,100m and 1000m
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

yup.... if set to use 1000Mbps then should negotiate but some time negotiation issue can be a driver related issues on pc side.
Message 4 of 5
ganewson
Aspirant

Ok I'll go away and look.

Thanks for all your help
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements