× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724Tv4 - possible to receive the newer interface on this model?

ashjeaton
Aspirant

GS724Tv4 - possible to receive the newer interface on this model?

Hello,

We have the older GS724Tv4 switch which we have been replacing in some locations with the GS724TPv2 . I noticed the latter has a more modern interface and options for features such as Loop Protection.

Is it possible to gain this newer GUI and/or the newer features via firmware upgrades on the GS724Tv4? I noticed the switch interface is dated 2013 which is odd becaue we purchased them in 2018!

old&newgui.jpg

Thank you in advance

Ash

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ashjeaton

Welcome to the Community!

The GS724Tv4 was released October of 2013. Did you purchase it from an authorized reseller brandnew? Also, the possibilty of the GUI for the GS724Tv4 to be updated would be slim to none.

The GS724TPv2 has a different chip having some features not available with the GS724Tv4.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ashjeaton

Welcome to the Community!

The GS724Tv4 was released October of 2013. Did you purchase it from an authorized reseller brandnew? Also, the possibilty of the GUI for the GS724Tv4 to be updated would be slim to none.

The GS724TPv2 has a different chip having some features not available with the GS724Tv4.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
ashjeaton
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the info, I didn't think it would be likely! The switches were purchased bulk from a reseller yes. 

Regards,

Ash

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements