× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS728TPv2 - What is the Latest BOOT Version (NOT Software Version)?

cloaked72
Follower

GS728TPv2 - What is the Latest BOOT Version (NOT Software Version)?

Greetings,

I've been updating the firmware on my GS728TPv2 from time to time for several years. Currently I have 6.0.10.17 loaded. That said, I've never seen an update for the BOOT version. Its always been 1.0.0.5. Is this the latest? Also, if there was an update to it, HOW do you update the boot software? Is the boot software a part of the firmware and it just gets updated automatically every time one does the firmware? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
JulienR
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS728TPv2 - What is the Latest BOOT Version (NOT Software Version)?

Hi @cloaked72,

You are correct, the boot version for GS728TPv2 always has been v1.0.0.5 and there is no update to it.

The boot code is a different piece of software, when we release a new boot code we provide the file, and the installation process is detailed in the release notes.

Best Regards,

Julien R.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS728TPv2 - What is the Latest BOOT Version (NOT Software Version)?

If required, the Boot Loader will be updated along with the firmware update, or a specific process would be published with the firmware update release notes. Luckily, it's not required very often - because an update does inherit a major operational risk.

Here again, a GS728TPv2 isn't a managed switch - much more a Smart Switch, to be discussed in the Plus And Smart Switches Forum  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements