× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GSM7224V2 Web admin connection problems

BobbyR
Aspirant

GSM7224V2 Web admin connection problems

Hello,
I am having some issues with initial set and config. I was having problems getting the ezconfig routine to work through the serial cable connection. The switch would not accept any IP I tried until finally it did take one (192.168.1.14 255.255.255.0) after multiple tries.

So anyway, I before changing to this static IP, I could connect into the switch using my browser when the switch has the default IP (169.254.x.x 255.255.0.0) but now, I cannot get connected to the switch with this static IP...

Anyone with any ideas what I could try?

Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

169 is not default switch ip

APIPA google Wikipedia what that is and 169. Means
Message 2 of 5
BobbyR
Aspirant

jmizoguchi.. Thank you for the reply.

From the Netgear web interface User Manual... 'If you did not
change the IP address of the switch from the default value, enter 169.254.100.100 into the address field.'

169.254.100.100 is the default IP assigned to the switch from the factory. When I opened up and removed the switch from the shipping box, I tried this 169... IP and immediately was able to connect to the browser-based management interface. (with no internet traffic on the switch)

Now, I have successfully (after a bit of problems) changed the switch IP to 192.168.1.14. (via the serial connector). I can get on the internet, connect to other computers on the network, print... Everything else seems to work fine, however I cannot connect to the web management interface anymore.

If there is something else more fundamental about the whole thing that I am missing about how this works, or if 192.168.1.14 is the wrong 'type' of IP to assign for connecting to the web interface, pls tell me more specifically.

Bobby
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Some model is different so didn't think used 169.

If you saved new ip for the device it should work.

Possible switch is not writing a new settings or something failing
Message 4 of 5
BobbyR
Aspirant

Tried again.. Some success but still something seems not right.
Support also could not help, got an RMA...

BR
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements