× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300 48x not detecting certain devices

OnanBane
Follower

M4300 48x not detecting certain devices

Hi all smart ppl!

I wonder if someone could explain to me what I’m doing wrong. My switch doesn’t detect certain devices when plugged in. I’m Running a Netgate 6100 firewall with multiple vlans and dhcp servers on them. All devices are then connected through my M4300 48x. All my computers get the expected ip when connected to the switch and the firewall rules between the vlans work as they should. The TV works and gets an ip (IoT net), the vacuum gets an ip, the cameras etc...

BUT

When I connect for example my heating pump, my Plejd gateway or my RCO access system (doors, locks etc.) none of those devices are recognized as connected by the switch. No link led and the device list says no device. If I connect them directly to the firewall everything works. I’ve tried different ports with different vlans assigned to them but the switch won’t detect the devices.

Anyone with an idea?

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300 48x not detecting certain devices

@OnanBane,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Is everything working fine before?  

What is the current firmware version of the M4300-48X switch?

It might be possible that your heating pump, RCO access system, etc., are not VLAN capable.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: M4300 48x not detecting certain devices

Certain 10/100 Mbps Ethernet devices and 10 GbE PHY can behave odd or fail to establish a workable Ethernet link. Workaround is adding a small eg. unmanaged 10/100(/1000) Mbps in the data path. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements