× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300 Port Mirror, retain VLAN Tag

purplewater6
Aspirant

M4300 Port Mirror, retain VLAN Tag

New to NETGEAR switches.
Basically I would like to use a port mirror to send multiple ports to a probe port. I would like to vlan tag traffic on each port and have these tags remain on the traffic when using the probe.

If I monitor the probe port with wireshark I can see the traffic from all ports that are mirrored however I have not been able to retain any vlan tags assigned by the switch from what I see in wireshark.
Model: XSM4324S | M4300-12X12FStackable Managed Switch with 24x10G including 12x10GBASE-T and 12xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: M4300 Port Mirror, retain VLAN Tag

Hi purplewater6,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

May you be able to check if the mirrored port is also a tagged port? It seems that you cannot see anything from that port unless it is also a part of that VLAN.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
purplewater6
Aspirant

Just to clarify you need the probe port to be in the same VLAN and Tagged?

Also I do not have any VLAN routing setup (any layer 3), I wouldn’t think this is required.
Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@purplewater6,

No need for VLAN routing on port mirroring. I inquired your case and they suggested to open a ticket on NETGEAR support so that we can further investigate what is the cause of this issue.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements