× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Migrating from xs712Tv2 to xs712t

cadasp
Aspirant

Migrating from xs712Tv2 to xs712t

I am Migrating from a  xs712T to a  xs712Tv2, is there any way possible to import the config file from the old swith to the new (import from XS712T to XS712Tv2? I'm hoping I will not have to configure this new switch from scratch. 

Please Help!!!

thanks

Model: XS712T|ProSafe 12 ports smart switch with 10G fiber
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Usually the answer is no. Never tried. Different hardware platforms, too.

@XavierLL - any insight?

Message 2 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @schumaku: XS712T Smart Managed Pro switch and XS712Tv2 newer version make part of same family, but different platforms. Configuration file structure will be slightly different, but it should be possible to "import" most of previous configuration:

1. Download XS712T configuration file (Maintenance\Download\HTTP File Download\Text configuration) and open it in a text editor
  2. Download XS712Tv2 configuration file (probably the default one) and open it in a text editor
  3. Compare the structure of both configuration files: although similar, some differences may appear
  4. Try to import XS712T text commands into XS712Tv2 configuration, respecting the new structure, block by block
  5. When done, save a version of XS712Tv2 new configuration file on your hard drive and upload it in XS712Tv2 for test

Hi @cadasp: Let us know how it goes!

Regards, 

Message 3 of 5
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Great description @LaurentMa 

I will only add that use some tool like notepad++ will help to do the comparison between the two files 🙂

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 4 of 5
cadasp
Aspirant

thanks, I will give that a shot.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos