× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear switch: XS712T

Harvan
Aspirant

Netgear switch: XS712T

Is it possible to connect 2 XS712T switches using both the fiberports to create a redundant 10GB link between these switches?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear switch: XS712T

Hi Harvan,

In addition to msi's response unto you, kindly check about LAG on pages 80-83 of the XS712T Smart Switch Administration Manual here.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
msi
Luminary
Luminary

It should creating be able to by creating a link agreggation with Netgear it's called LAG, you can find more about in the Software Administration Manual for this switch.

Remember that on this switch the 2 SFP+ slots are shared with 2 RJ45 sockets so plugging an optical module and cable in them will disable 2 RJ45 Ports.

Message 2 of 5
Harvan
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your reply but what does this mean?

"It should creating be able to by creating a link agreggation"

Message 3 of 5
msi
Luminary
Luminary

"English language difficult language master yoda says" 😉

I should have written instead: It should be possible, by creating by creating a link agreggation. With Netgear it's called LAG, you can find more about in the Software Administration Manual for this switch.

I won't tell you how exactly since there are some differences between models, revisions and firware & I don't have a smart managed switch at my fingertips (only fully managed) to check. For most switches there is a section in the Software Manual for your specific where you can see how it's supposed to be done on the UI.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Harvan,

In addition to msi's response unto you, kindly check about LAG on pages 80-83 of the XS712T Smart Switch Administration Manual here.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements