× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS716Tv2 needs rebooting regularly

kengetz95949
Aspirant

GS716Tv2 needs rebooting regularly

My GS716Tv2 runs fine, until it doesn't. About once per month, internal networking speeds slow to a crawl, and I reboot the GS716T and everything is fine again (with no other changes to the network). This indicates to me that something is wrong with the switch. Any suggestions? I have firmware 5.4.1.10 (although I don't see how to upgrade the firmware from the UI). Thanks! -- Ken

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS716Tv2 needs rebooting regularly

Hi kengetz95949,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I suggest that we update the firmware to the latest version 5.4.2.19.  Here are the steps I recommend you to do:

A. Download the latest firmware.

1. Access this link below and click on the download link to download the latest firmware version on your desktop screen:

GS716Tv2 Firmware Version 5.4.2.19

2. The firmware is in a zip file.  Kindly unzip it and save it to your desktop screen.

B. Upload the latest firmware to the GS716Tv2.

1. Disconnect your GS716Tv2 from your existing network.

2. Connect the same PC where you download the latest firmware to a working LAN port on your GS716Tv2. 

3. Set a static IP address of 192.168.0.210 to your PC. 

4. Open a browser like IE or Firefox then at the address bar, type 192.168.0.239 then press Enter. Login to the user interface of switch. Enter "admin" as the username and "password" as the password. 

Note: The default IP address of GS716Tv2 is 192.168.0.239.  If ever your GS716Tv2 has a static IP Address configured on it, then kindly set a static on the PC that is within the same IP range as the static IP address configured on your GS716Tv2.

5. Click Maintenance then click Download. 
6. On the left column, click HTTP File Download. 
7. On File Type, select Code. On Image Name, select image1. 
8. Click "Choose File" then locate the latest firmware v5.4.2.19 that you have unzipped earlier. 
9. Click Apply. 

Note: After a file transfer is started, please wait until the page refreshes. When the page refreshes, the Select File option will be blanked out. This indicates that the upgrade process is done. 

C. Reset the GS716Tv2 back to factory defaults. 

Note: It is recommended to reset the GS716Tv2 back to factory default settings after a successful firmware upgrade.

1. On the GS716Tv2 web-GUI, click on Maintenance then click Reset. 
2. Click Factory Default on the left column. 
3. Check the box then click Apply. Wait for the GS716Tv2 to boot up by itself. 
4. Reconfigure the GS716Tv2 from scratch then observe if same problem occurs.  

I look forward to the results and your observations after doing the steps above.  As reference guide, kindly access the GS716T Administration Manual here.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
kengetz95949
Aspirant

Re: GS716Tv2 needs rebooting regularly

THanks. Will try this next week, when I'm here alone (everyone else out on holiday). Will report in after that. Thanks -- Ken

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements