× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prosafe GSM7248 LAGs & LACP

FSIT
Aspirant

Prosafe GSM7248 LAGs & LACP

I'm looking into purchasing a pair of Prosafe GSM7248 switches 2nd hand and was wondering if anyone knew how many LAGs were supported, and if the switch supports LACP. I looked through a manual that I found online, but didn't see anything specific in regards to this.

S/N of the switches: 1DU3993U000C6 and 1DU38B3900006
Message 1 of 11
Glitched
Aspirant

Re: Prosafe GSM7248 LAGs & LACP

If I recall correctly you should be able to do up to 8 LAGs. I'm 100% confident that it supports LACP.
Message 2 of 11
FSIT
Aspirant

Now... How do we reset the password on these things? Tried the defaults and they don't work. Tried "Erase current configuration" and even made the mistake of "Erase permanent storage" and still unable to log in (even after flashing new firmware after the previous mistake). The "EmergencyPasswordRecovery" trick doesn't work.
Message 3 of 11
FSIT
Aspirant

Awesome, my whole reply disappeared when I clicked "Post Quick Reply". How does one reset the password on these devices?
Message 4 of 11
FSIT
Aspirant

Never mind my last post, I figured it out.
Message 5 of 11
ZCPM3
Aspirant

FSIT wrote:
Now... How do we reset the password on these things? Tried the defaults and they don't work. Tried "Erase current configuration" and even made the mistake of "Erase permanent storage" and still unable to log in (even after flashing new firmware after the previous mistake).

The "EmergencyPasswordRecovery" trick doesn't work.

FSIT, can you walk me through how you got your switch back up and operational? I just made the same mistakes you did and my console is all messed up now. 😞
Message 6 of 11
FSIT
Aspirant

ZCPM3 wrote:
FSIT, can you walk me through how you got your switch back up and operational? I just made the same mistakes you did and my console is all messed up now. 😞

I would, but it requires re-flashing the newest firmware to the switches. Unfortunately there's a problem with the newest firmware, where it WIPES the switches MAC addresses! So now I can access both switches, but they don't work correctly and you can't have more than one on the network at a time (because it defaults to the firmwares IP of 00:00:01:02:03)!

I have a support ticket open with Netgear now, they're working on fixing this problem, but for now I'm using a GSM7224 and four "dumb" switches just so our network kinda works.
Message 7 of 11
ZCPM3
Aspirant

FSIT wrote:
I would, but it requires re-flashing the newest firmware to the switches. Unfortunately there's a problem with the newest firmware, where it WIPES the switches MAC addresses! So now I can access both switches, but they don't work correctly and you can't have more than one on the network at a time (because it defaults to the firmwares IP of 00:00:01:02:03)!

I have a support ticket open with Netgear now, they're working on fixing this problem, but for now I'm using a GSM7224 and four "dumb" switches just so our network kinda works.

Well I can't even get to the admin menu in the console so you're further along than me. I may just open up an RMA request and put that lifetime warranty to work!
Message 8 of 11
FSIT
Aspirant

ZCPM3 wrote:

ZCPM3 wrote:
Well I can't even get to the admin menu in the console so you're further along than me. I may just open up an RMA request and put that lifetime warranty to work!

I wouldn't rely on that "lifetime warranty" too much. I registered all of my Netgear managed switches on the support website so I can be notified of firmware upgrades and what not, and they all show that the warranty has expired!
Message 9 of 11
ZCPM3
Aspirant

FSIT wrote:
I wouldn't rely on that "lifetime warranty" too much. I registered all of my Netgear managed switches on the support website so I can be notified of firmware upgrades and what not, and they all show that the warranty has expired!

Mine shows up with hardware warranty active. Fingers crossed Netgear will actually honor it.
Message 10 of 11
Glitched
Aspirant

As long as you have a purchase date past May 1st, 2007 then all prosafe products have a lifetime warranty. If the support site is showing the warranty expired then its just a glitch or bug in the interface. When you cleared the permanent storage, you didn't only erase the firmware, but all vital product data. The problem you're experiencing with the MAC address being wiped out wasn't done by the firmware.(I have several of these switches updated weekly and don't have the MAC wiped out). Best thing to do is to open a support case at my.netgear.com and see if engineering can do anything or if they will issue an RMA. Also what password are you trying? The default password for these switches are blank.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements