× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Route multicast traffic to specific ports

Yishay_me
Follower

Route multicast traffic to specific ports

Hi,

I'm trying to route multicast from specific ip addresses to 3 ports.

The multicast traffic is used by a propreitary device that cannot register to multicast groups on my setup and I would like to route the traffic to the ports manually.

Since the only multicast traffic on the switch are the streams I would like to forward, it doesnt matter to me if I route all the multicast traffic on the switch to those ports.

Switch FW is  12.0.13.8.

I attempted to enable the multicast router on the target ports, Switching -> Multicast -> IGMP Snooping -> Multicast Router Configuration and enabled the 3 ports I would like the traffic to be redirected to - (see the attached screenshot) but it did not work.

I should mention that it did work on an older FW version - 12.0.6.7

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

Yishay

Model: XSM4324CS|M4300-24X - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x10GBASE-T
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Route multicast traffic to specific ports

Hi @Yishay_me ,

Running the latest firmware, yes, you're only half-way there with your tentative configuration.

• Please try the following using the GUI:

Under Switching/Multicast/IGMP Snooping/Configuration,  please disable "Exclude Mrouter Interface Mode"

Under Switching/Multicast/IGMP Snooping/IGMP Snooping VLAN Configuration,  please disable "Exclude Mrouter Interface Mode" for the VLAN 1 (if this is the VLAN 1 you are suing on these ports)

And like you were doing in Switching/Multicast/IGMP Snooping/Multicast Router Configuration please enable the ports 4, 6 and 8.

• Alternatively (same thing) but using the CLI:

vlan database

no set igmp exclude-mrouter-intf 1

vlan routing 1 1

exit

configure

no set igmp exclude-mrouter-intf

interface 1/0/4

set igmp mrouter interface

exit

interface 1/0/6

exit

interface 1/0/8

exit

exit

I hope this will help you!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Route multicast traffic to specific ports

Hi @Yishay_me ,

Running the latest firmware, yes, you're only half-way there with your tentative configuration.

• Please try the following using the GUI:

Under Switching/Multicast/IGMP Snooping/Configuration,  please disable "Exclude Mrouter Interface Mode"

Under Switching/Multicast/IGMP Snooping/IGMP Snooping VLAN Configuration,  please disable "Exclude Mrouter Interface Mode" for the VLAN 1 (if this is the VLAN 1 you are suing on these ports)

And like you were doing in Switching/Multicast/IGMP Snooping/Multicast Router Configuration please enable the ports 4, 6 and 8.

• Alternatively (same thing) but using the CLI:

vlan database

no set igmp exclude-mrouter-intf 1

vlan routing 1 1

exit

configure

no set igmp exclude-mrouter-intf

interface 1/0/4

exit

interface 1/0/6