× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Routing one client device between VLans

Budgie4
Tutor

Routing one client device between VLans

Very new here so apologies first for my last post earlier today.  Could not find it my last thread in order to include solution but I have solved my problem on upgrading firmware having read some other threads and guessed a bit and experimented a bit to get rid of earlier image file etc.  Now up to date. 

My main question is how may I arrange that a particular device (a NAS on fixed IP on one subnet and vlan) may be accessed from another subnet on another vlan but otherwise be kept private.  In other words I do not wish to open all traffice between the two vlans, only traffic to and from the NAS device. 

Model: GSM7212F|M4100-12GF-ProSAFE Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Routing one client device between VLans

@Budgie4,

My main question is how may I arrange that a particular device (a NAS on fixed IP on one subnet and vlan) may be accessed from another subnet on another vlan but otherwise be kept private.  In other words I do not wish to open all traffice between the two vlans, only traffic to and from the NAS device. 

This is possible by implementing Access Control List (ACL).  To learn more, kindly access the links below: 

What are Access Control Lists (ACLs) and how do they work with my managed switch?

How do I configure Access Control Lists (ACLs) on my managed switch?

Read pages 345-368 of the M4100 user manual here about ACL. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements