× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Strange stack problem

sakiv
Aspirant

Strange stack problem

Having strange probelm XSM4342S I have two switches port 24 on both switches are stack.

Switch A is mater and B is slave.  I switched off Switch A, B become master and file trasfer is not interrupted. 

I switched on switch A then it becomes a stack member.  After 10 min Switch B is off , Switch A become master but file transfer on network get interrupted.

Tried with Switch B also to switch off first same thing.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks 

Model: XSM4324S|M4300-12X12F - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x10G including 12x10GBASE-T and 12xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi sakiv,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It is normal behavior for stacking to make the other switch as the Master once it turns off. May I know which switch using for file transfer?

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 6
sakiv
Aspirant

Sorry you mis understood. I know that’s the basic it should become master. My point is when I switch off switch b, why the file transfer then stopped why switch A not getting responsibility even it become master.
Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@sakiv,

My apologies. May I know where is the file transfer happening? Is the PC connected to Switch A or Switch B?

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
sakiv
Aspirant

please find attache file looks like i am doing some silly mistake as when I draw i realize something is wrong. please advice

Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@sakiv,

Thanks for the attached file. Stacking will only make the 2 switches logically as one. It could be better if you will just stack all of the switches in your network so that it will be a ring network. 

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements