× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Switch 4300-28 unusal state

rk_dzsi
Aspirant

Switch 4300-28 unusal state

Hi everyone,

I have four 4300-28 switches in the network which are in an "unusal" state.
They're working well and all but after some days/weeks/months they get unoperational. They block traffic, but only a special kind which I could not figure out til now, and I can neither enter them via the oob port nor any other port.

Is anybody here who maybe knows this behavior and can guide me? I want to upgrade them which leads to my second question: Can I perform the upgrade witout the need to register them?

Thanks and Regards

Model: GSM4328S|M4300-28G - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 5
msi
Luminary
Luminary

If you have access to a serial console and are able to log things to a remote syslog server, this could be helpful. Additionnaly you're not telling the current firmware you're running these with. I've experienced some weird multicast issues on older firmware that has been mostly addressed for what I can tell in current releases.

Keep in mind that these forums are not specifically monitored by Netgear support. If there is a sense of urgency I'd check with Netgear's support. You do have lifetime warranty on them, and given the right information and debug logs they are usually quite helpful gals and chaps.

Message 2 of 5
rk_dzsi
Aspirant

Yeah sorry about that software version I forgot. It's 12.0.9.4.

But do I need to register the switches in order to have fully management functionalitys or is this only for other switches?

Model: GSM4328S|M4300-28G - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 3 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

Now you're good, you don't need to register Fully Managed Switches (M4100, M4200, M4250, M4300, M4500 etc.) to access the full GUI/CLI 

It is only for the Smart switches, I hope it helps

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
rk_dzsi
Aspirant

Hi Laurent,

yes, that helps alot.

But the fault state is still an issue... but maybe an update does. 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats