× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access GSM7224 L2 Switch

Bob_Murray
Aspirant

Unable to access GSM7224 L2 Switch

Hi, I have logged onto 2 switches, basically they was taken out of teh box and just plugged in with no config by the old IT person. I have created some VLANs and everything works just fine. On my way out of the switches I though of assigning a password this included 1 upper case, the rest lower and numeric and an ! however I can not log on now. I have tried variants, only part of the password incase not all teh characters were accepted, tries caps and lower but i just can not log in and I do not thin I would have made a mistake twice. Any ideas ? the user was the admin user. Thanks for helping me.

Model: GSM7224P|ProSAFE 24-port Gigabit Managed L2 Switch with PoE
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Murray
Aspirant

Re: Unable to access GSM7224 L2 Switch

I ran a port scan against the switch, it is so old and out of date it is actually listening on telnet. If you telnet the box and enter the PW it says it only accepts 9 charcaters so I entered the first 8 chracters (?) and it worked, I was sure I tried this. I hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Bob_Murray
Aspirant

Re: Unable to access GSM7224 L2 Switch

I ran a port scan against the switch, it is so old and out of date it is actually listening on telnet. If you telnet the box and enter the PW it says it only accepts 9 charcaters so I entered the first 8 chracters (?) and it worked, I was sure I tried this. I hope this helps someone.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements