× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vlan gets WiFi but no internet on only 2 AP

YusufB
Tutor

Vlan gets WiFi but no internet on only 2 AP

My network knowledge is a little rusty now im semi retired but thhis vlan issue is driving me bonkers...assuming its the vlan issue...

Switch 1 Ground Floor: Netgear GS418TPP POE 16 port switch (Vlan 1 left untouched)

Port 1-2 LAG to switch 2 - Vlan 30 ports configured as T

Port 3&4 POE to Unifi Pro AP's - Vlan 30 ports configured as T

Switch 2 Second Floor: Netgear GS724v4 24 port (NON POE) switch (Vlan 1 left untouched)

Port 1-2 LAG to switch 1 - Vlan 30 ports configured as T

Port 13 to Unifi Pro AP (POE Injector) - Vlan 30 port configured as T

Port 7 to Ubiquity USG Pro4 Internet router - Vlan 30 port configured as T

I have set all to ports to T as they are either trunk ports or connect to a Wifi Access point.

Everything works on the native network with 20 odd wired clients and another WiFi corporate network.

There are 3 Unifi Pro AP's each on a seperate floors. Ground and second floor cannot connect or get an IP through Vlan 30 SSID "Skyhigh" but we can connect to Skyhigh on the third floor (AP connected direct to switch 2 but using a power injector as not a POE switch)
The common demoniator i think is switch 1 (all other WiFi SSID's can be connected to and recieve internet except Vlan 30)

The issue i have is only the Vlan 30 clients cannot connect to the internet via the AP's powered through switch 1 but can through switch 2 so im thinking my Vlan config is screwed somewhere.

Attached pic is the config from both switches

Model: GS418TPP|Easy-Mount 16-Port Gigabit High Power PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports (240W)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
YusufB
Tutor

Re: Vlan gets WiFi but no internet on only 2 AP

Sorted this issue...on switch 2 there are a few lags going to different servers and datastores elsewhere in the network...ticking that other LAG messed it up and VLAN traffic was trying to route to the internet through one server hosting DHCP that didnt have VLAN 30 access ...(had it ticked on switch 1 as well (happy click) but there was no second lag configured on switch 1)

Thank You @schumaku for pointing this (silly mistake) out but happy its sorted especially on a Friday!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The LAGs are really configured on both switches? Reason asking you state each switch as a LAG made of port 1 and 2 - however we see two LAGs (the LAG 1 and LAG 2) selected on the VLAN 30 tagged both switches.

Message 2 of 5
YusufB
Tutor

Hi @schumaku ...thanks for this. There is only one LAG configured on each switch. Yes you are right..rusty brain getting ports mixed up with LAG ID's...Will untick LAG 2 as that definitly isnt needed and post back if that helps..Cheers!

Message 3 of 5
YusufB
Tutor

Sorted this issue...on switch 2 there are a few lags going to different servers and datastores elsewhere in the network...ticking that other LAG messed it up and VLAN traffic was trying to route to the internet through one server hosting DHCP that didnt have VLAN 30 access ...(had it ticked on switch 1 as well (happy click) but there was no second lag configured on switch 1)

Thank You @schumaku for pointing this (silly mistake) out but happy its sorted especially on a Friday!

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

So happy you have figured out the issue. Wish you a wonderful weekend!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements