× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vlan with bandwidth separation

dimck
Aspirant

Vlan with bandwidth separation

Message 1 of 9
dimck
Aspirant

Re: Vlan with bandwidth separation

I am looking for advice on what product would allow me to have sepeatation in terms on network and bandwidth. 

We have 1GB leased line and want to split it into various segments offering 10mb, to 100 mb partitions each having their own static external IP address.

Message 2 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@dimck wrote:

I am looking for advice on what product would allow me to have sepeatation in terms on network and bandwidth. 

We have 1GB leased line and want to split it into various segments offering 10mb, to 100 mb partitions each having their own static external IP address.

Seeking for a

a) pure L2 solution so each VLAN segments can deploy thier own NAT router/security appliance, or

b) in need for an all-in solution handling the public IP, NAT, DHCP for the segments, ...?

Message 3 of 9
dimck
Aspirant

Yes that's exactly my requirement. Is there a recommended box for this and is it easy to configure?

Message 4 of 9
schumaku
Guru

"that's" so which one? Have just edited the post clarifying two options...

Message 5 of 9
dimck
Aspirant

Ah,

I think option a, the segment will have their own router 

Message 6 of 9
dimck
Aspirant

No one able to help with this then?

Message 7 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Already some Smart Managed Plus basic switches allow to configure some limitations on ingress and egress rates. Cumbersome would be the exposure and potential risk involved on the management.

Better suited would be something like an Smart Managed Pro, e.g. S350 Series line switch, starting from a GS308T.  CoS allows a config in small steps, see S350 Series 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch Models GS308T and GS310TP User Manual p.174 ff. Configure CoS Interface Settings for an Interface.

Message 8 of 9
dimck
Aspirant

thanks UI will take a look

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements