× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Skin" Web Interface on GS110TPV3?

IAmTheWaterbug
Follower

"Skin" Web Interface on GS110TPV3?

I have 3 of these switches, one at each of 3 different locations, and the setups are similar for each, but not identical.

Is there a way to edit some .css or other file to change the color of the background or banner or ???? to give me some visual indication of which unit I'm logged into?

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: "Skin" Web Interface on GS110TPV3?

@IAmTheWaterbug wrote:

Is there a way to edit some .css or other file to change the color of the background or banner or ???? to give me some visual indication of which unit I'm logged into?

Not playing with the css or the like, but how true....:

The -really- surprising (should I have written shocking?) answer is that Netgear introduced a new Web UI for the Smart Switches (and the Plus Switches), new e.g. on the MS108EUP, MS108TUP, GS724TPv3, GS724TPPv3, GS728TPv3, GS728TPPv3 - and ignored the feedback provided several times that the -configurable- Switch Name -still- does not make it to the HTML Title.

How difficult can it be? @YeZ Please push this to the GUI designers and the Switch engineers. If the Switch Name file is configured, please -only- push the Switch Name to the HTML title.

Switch Name not in the html title pxld.PNG

This is how it would look in the Web Browser finally - zero effort if designed, specified, and implemented properly:

Switch Name in the html title.PNG

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements