× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk M2 Firmware Download

W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M2 Firmware Download

I can't speak for Netgear but it is a valid concern that original charger does not work well. I have three M2 and two M1, all are with additional charger as they don't work with original one, regardless if its plug fits local power socket.

Message 76 of 109
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@smiff1985 wrote:

Hi, I'm in the UK on EE with the following:

Firmware: NTGX24_10.13.09.00

Firmware build date: 2019/05/17

PRI: 03.01

Modem: SDX_10.21.01.01

Can you confirm if this is the latest firmare for this device please? I'd be surprised if it is. Main reason I ask is that I get the reboot issue/bootloop issue on occasion (plugged into USB-C charger, no battery inserted). It's a little bit frustrating really and I want to get this resolved or the device needs to go back.

Thanks very much.

Yes. I can confirm the release on your device is the latest one for EE UK.

Thanks

John

Message 77 of 109
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

@JohnPeng

Two questions:

What team at Netgear take the unlock requests from EE, I’ve been waiting two months.

And...

After M2 is unlocked from EE you can update to Netgear firmware (mine is as above post firmware).

Thanks!

Aye
Message 78 of 109
smhick
Aspirant

Hi Just to confirm as the update feature on my device never seems to be able to successfully check for the latest firmware just continues to keep checking with no end in this process.

My device details below, can you confirm I'm on the latest firmware version.

Nighthawk M2
Hardware Version: 1.0
GUI Version: MR2100-100EUS_04.02.144.00
Firmware Version: NTGX24_10.17.01.00
PRI Version: 04.02
Modem Version SDX24_10.25.00.01
Firmware Build Date: 2020/01/09

Also this device was not purchased via a mobile provider.

Thanks 

Nick 

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 79 of 109
Nicolas_Kleine
Aspirant

Same here:

Model: MR2100

FW-Version: NTGX24_10.17.01.00
PRI 04.02

GUI Version: MR2100-100EUS_04.02.144.00

Message 80 of 109
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

For M2 Upgrade issue, please try connecting via WiFi or Ethernet offline first. Then do the upgrade check. 

The latest M2 EUS FW is 10.17.08.00 and PRI 05.04

Thanks

John

Message 81 of 109
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@AyeAyeAye wrote:
@JohnPeng

Two questions:

What team at Netgear take the unlock requests from EE, I’ve been waiting two months.

And...

After M2 is unlocked from EE you can update to Netgear firmware (mine is as above post firmware).

Thanks!

Aye

To answer your question:

1. For unlocking, you need to contact EE. After contract, they should unlock your device if you require.

2. EE M2 has it is own SKU and can't be upgraded to our generic EUS SKU.

Thanks

John

Message 82 of 109
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

Hello

I got it unlocked ages go & not from EE.

If I reset the firmware will lock to EE again, I have the unlock code in my email 😉 😉

Question though, can EE or any network change the M2 firmware to limit data transfer speeds? And are all the bands M2 bands supported, EE say in their forums the bands supported are the same as generic M2 and give links to Netgear product page.

My unlocked EE M2 is shocking at speeds on every network, 40 Mbps Max as my other unlocked EE (Alcatel EE120) Mifi unit, all networks perform better in Mimo 4x4 mobile phone as a hotspot or even a £100 Huawei B612 LTE Router than any EE unlocked MiFI including the M2.

Now I know HUAWEI etc and there are other big brands where a Firmware lock code exists, does Netgear M2 firmware allow that facility to networks & can I request this firmware unlock code from EE?.

Secondly I assume if the above is correct I could then load the N generic firmware?.

Netgear: https://kb.netgear.com/000062070/What-cellular-bands-are-supported-by-MR2100-Nighthawk-M2-Mobile-Rou...

EE: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4GEE-WiFi/NetGear-M2-Mr2100/td-p/853519

They point to the US version, with EE firmware? Is that correct.

Message 83 of 109
HLi
Aspirant
Aspirant

My device is unable to set the correct "Time and Date"

example: Data offloading since 6/1/20 6:28 AM

My Firmware ist NTGX24_10.17.08.00

Is the any support on this Issue? Or is it better to send the Unit back to Amazon?

Message 84 of 109
jont-uk
Aspirant

Hi ... bought a refurbed, unlocked M2 from Amazon ... looks like normal UK firmware but John Peng's post intimates there is a new one ?

From scanning the posts it looks like EE blocks the firmware update process (pain as that's my network with a spare PAYG sim) - but if I stick my wife's Tesco/O2 sim in is still sits and spins on the checking firmware option ...

Do I need a genuine O2 data sim to get it to go through and check properly ?

Annoying there's no sideload via the usb port ?

IMG_2497.jpeg

Message 85 of 109
em1
Aspirant
Aspirant

FSN: 5J1192N801BAO

Message 86 of 109
AutobahnAmerica
Aspirant

@JohnPeng,

Have M2100-100EUS. What's the most current FW as of 18 Dec 2021?

Thanks!
Message 87 of 109
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@AutobahnAmerica wrote:
@JohnPeng,

Have M2100-100EUS. What's the most current FW as of 18 Dec 2021?

Thanks!

The latest current FW for MR2100-100EUS is NTGX24_10.17.08.00, PRI05.04.

Thanks

Message 88 of 109
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@jont-uk wrote:

Hi ... bought a refurbed, unlocked M2 from Amazon ... looks like normal UK firmware but John Peng's post intimates there is a new one ?

From scanning the posts it looks like EE blocks the firmware update process (pain as that's my network with a spare PAYG sim) - but if I stick my wife's Tesco/O2 sim in is still sits and spins on the checking firmware option ...

Do I need a genuine O2 data sim to get it to go through and check properly ?

Annoying there's no sideload via the usb port ?

IMG_2497.jpeg

Based on the screenshot, your device is MR2100-100EUS. There is a newer update for the device now. If you have the issue to check for update using SIM card, please try check for update when connecting through WiFi or Ethernet offloading.

Thanks

Message 89 of 109
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@HLi wrote:

My device is unable to set the correct "Time and Date"

example: Data offloading since 6/1/20 6:28 AM

My Firmware ist NTGX24_10.17.08.00

Is the any support on this Issue? Or is it better to send the Unit back to Amazon?

Your device is already on the latest FW. Please do a factory reset and see whether the date and time issue can be resolved,

Thanks

Message 90 of 109
IYGEAL
Aspirant

My Router Model is MR2100-1TLAUS_04.02.181.00, Firmware Version is NTGX24_10.17.10.00 with Build Date of 2020/08/21.

My problem is that the router keeps saying "Your Wi-Fi Network is disabled". For this reason, I cannot connect any device via wifi. I tried to see if the FW can be updated but it sticks on "checking" each time I try to update from the router itself. Today I connected my pc via USB-C and logged in, on the web interface, the checking still yields to nothing. I used my PC hotspot (which is now powered by my router via USB-C) to connect the mobile app succesfully but the FW still cannot be updated.

Bear in mind that each time the wifi disabled error pops up on the router, there is an option to enable it which does exactly nothing. The error also pops up on both web and app interfaces but with no option to do anything.

All my settings are correct but my devices cannot wirelessly connect to my router because the wifi is apparently permanently disabled. I wish this can be fixed but I found nothing on this whole thread that can help.

Message 91 of 109
IYGEAL
Aspirant

Picture1.jpg

Message 92 of 109
IYGEAL
Aspirant

The above is the web interface where I was trying to make changes. The settings is stuck and that option where the arrow points. If I attempt changing it, it never applies. It will keep saying applying till forever. Sometimes it quickly says "applied" but goes back to this option with the arrow. No other option applies.

I suppose this is something a firmware update may solf but the fw update checking, like I wrote earlier, is not working. I have been using this device for a year or so. This happened suddenly. I recall seeing fw update prompt on the router some weeks ago when it was still working. 

Message 93 of 109
IYGEAL
Aspirant

I forgot to add that I have made several factory resets - including through the pin at the battery side - all of which were successful but still changed nothing. WiFi name and password on the device's homescreen show Disabled respectively. Also, I did NOT select USB Tether only (Disable WiFi) in the setting. 

It's quite frustrating.

Message 94 of 109
AutobahnAmerica
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry mine wasn't .
Message 95 of 109
sonnymiles
Aspirant

Hello, can someone please send me a downloadlink for the latest EU firmware and some tips how I can manually update it?
The website has nothing on it.

Thank you!

Message 96 of 109
Nicolas_Kleine
Aspirant

I connectet the router via Ethernet to the nternet. Then i was able to perform the update. 

Message 97 of 109
einstein_1970
Aspirant

I would appreciate if you can share how to unlock my M2. My provider (Zain Kuwait) seems not to understand the issue of unlocking a router after the contract has expired!

Message 98 of 109
BSL81
Aspirant

how do i manually reset the firmware of a device to netgear standard. i have a telstra device and i want to move carriers and need to restore to a netgear default.
Message 99 of 109
W1lliam
Virtuoso

There is no generic stock firmware for Telstra model, you can only get it unlocked with the carrier before moving to other carrier
Message 100 of 109
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7