Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

1st time on Netgear support and huge disappointment

1st time on Netgear support and huge disappointment

I signed up for Netgear Armor subscription thru the app and made payment. But to find out later that the router was registered to another email account. 

I have been looking at community support and many people are had the same issue. When I open a ticket to support it was 'closed' almost immediately classifying as technical issue and directed me back to my product support page. They are asking me to pay for support after the first year which is outragous. The fact that I just signed up for 1yr of Armor subscription, where's the support for that?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: 1st time on Netgear support and huge disappointment

What seems to have worked for some people is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators (their screen name has a "Capital N" at the end) by clicking on the screen name and explain the situation to them.

Netgear seems to prefer that customers not post personal information (such as names, product serial numbers, etc.) on the public forum.

Since it appears that the "problem" relates to this specific Orbi having been registered to a different person, that is the sort of thing that the forum moderators have been successful in resolving.

As to whether Armor is a good purchase (or not).... that is a FAR different topic. (As is whether there is any official support from Netgear after purchase).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

What seems to have worked for some people is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators (their screen name has a "Capital N" at the end) by clicking on the screen name and explain the situation to them.

Netgear seems to prefer that customers not post personal information (such as names, product serial numbers, etc.) on the public forum.

Since it appears that the "problem" relates to this specific Orbi having been registered to a different person, that is the sort of thing that the forum moderators have been successful in resolving.

As to whether Armor is a good purchase (or not).... that is a FAR different topic. (As is whether there is any official support from Netgear after purchase).

Message 2 of 5

Hey thanks for the heads up @CrimpOn . Its amazing the community is more responsive than Netgear support in getting answers. 

Sadly my issue can only be solved by them. Hopefully I can get in touch with one soon. Not going in loops.

Message 3 of 5

Armor has its own bolt hole:

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

You might do better to try there.

Message 4 of 5

My case was solved as of today.

After Community Support refered my case to their team. Weeks later, phone support was on for more than 30mins guiding me thru ensure I have the latest firmware on my routers and satelite, backing them up then factory resetting the router.

The Orbi app was also deleted from my phone and reinstalled. The router was then setup like a new router and loggin into my netgear account that has the Armor subscription and router registered. Glad to see my router is now tagged to the correct email. 

Kudos to the support. Confidence regained. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7