Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blocking suspicious connection towards a specific device

mareksa
Follower

Blocking suspicious connection towards a specific device

I'm getting couple of notifications a day that "Armor detected that a suspicious remote location [IP address] attempted a connection to a [device name] and blocked that connection".

How can someone from the outside target a specific device on my internal network? The devices that get targeted are laptops (MacOS & Linux) and do not publish any ports/services to the outside world. Nor I have any port forwarding enabled on my router.  Does Armor know which device is targeted or does it "guess"?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Blocking suspicious connection towards a specific device

Lots of devices have access and some connections to the internet. Many ways to scan and attempt access. 

However the system is doing what it's supposed to. Is detecting this and blocking it. 

I get this with my older D-Link camera. Some of there calling home and there services from years ago are considered by Armor to be blocked. Thats fine for me. It's just doing it's job. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Blocking suspicious connection towards a specific device

Lots of devices have access and some connections to the internet. Many ways to scan and attempt access. 

However the system is doing what it's supposed to. Is detecting this and blocking it. 

I get this with my older D-Link camera. Some of there calling home and there services from years ago are considered by Armor to be blocked. Thats fine for me. It's just doing it's job. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series