Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can Armor detect/alert/prevent VPN use?

mschmid4
Aspirant

Can Armor detect/alert/prevent VPN use?

I'm considering purchasing a Netgear router in hopes that the Armor service will work well for my needs. Can anyone tell me how it handles outbound VPNs? Can it detect if a device on the network is tunneling out? If so, will it provide alerts in this event? Finally, can those outbound VPNs be allowed or blocked, and is this on an individual VPN by VPN basis or a blanket rule VPNs ON/OFF? Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can Armor detect/alert/prevent VPN use?

Hello mschmid4, 

Thank you for your interest! Armor should have no effect on VPN services nor will it monitor the type of traffic you've mentioned. It essentially notifies/prevents any malicious activity and vulnerabilities.

Christian  

Message 2 of 4
mschmid4
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. I am sure it allows for VPNs just fine. I was more curious if it could detect them. Scenario being stopping kids from circumventing the parental controls.
Message 3 of 4
mschmid4
Aspirant

In case anyone is searching for this in the future, I did end up buying an Orbi router and signing up for Armor and have the answer. Armor does not detect VPN usage or report on it. Likewise, it is not able to block it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7