Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DDOS Advice

AlphaBlue
Follower

DDOS Advice

For the past 2 months or so, I've been experiencing major connection consistency issues such as fluctuating ping, reduced internet speeds, and even disconnections with my RAX75. I contacted the customer support from my ISP to see if there was any problems on their end, only for them to tell me it was a local issue. On Sunday, I decided to replace the router with the RAX120 and everything was running buttery smooth up until a couple of hours ago when I reconnected my Nighthawk EAX80 extender. NETGEAR armor sent me 5 threat reports of DDOS attacks blocked from the EAX80 and my Internet speeds were almost simulataneously destroyed. Every time I attempt to read the details of the threat reports the, app crashes. What are my options here?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Sanjith92
Star

Re: DDOS Advice

Few recommendations :

- Check your router's WAN setting to see whether DDOS and port scan protection is disabled (by default its enabled and you will have to check the box to disable it)

- check whether 'respond to ping' is somehow enabled , if so disable it .

- Change DNS from default to Cloudflare's or some other vendors(OpenDNS etc) .

Cloudflare service is good with family and malware protection DNS service 1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3  and its free . 

Message 2 of 3

Re: DDOS Advice

@AlphaBlue wrote:

NETGEAR armor sent me 5 threat reports of DDOS attacks blocked from the EAX80 and my Internet speeds were almost simulataneously destroyed.

You could try this question on the Armor experts:

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7