Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Armor detected and blocked a suspicious connection on DISH DVR

macgyver60
Follower

NETGEAR Armor detected and blocked a suspicious connection on DISH DVR

Hi, Looking for some advice. We have gotten this message twice today and once about a month ago. We don't have a DISH DVR and never have. Any ideas why we would be getting this message? Thank you in advance for any advice

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What devices do you all have connected?

What router model system are you using? 

Message 2 of 3
Guilhermedico
Aspirant

I had an AirTV2 for several years to broadcast over-the-air (OTA) TV broadcasts to the TVs and other connected devices in my house through Sling TV, which is owned by Dish. A WD Elements 2TB external SSD was connected to the AirTV2 as a DVR to be able to record OTA broadcasts (hence the reference to "DISH DVR" in the Netgear Armor alert).

My Netgear router system is the Orbi AXE11000 WiFi Mesh System (RBKE963B), with two satellites, which I purchased directly from Netgear immediately upon the release of this system in October 2021. I have continued to renew my Netgear Armor subscription since the initial free period expired, but I have never installed the accompanying Bitdefender Security software.

For the past year, I had been getting this same Netgear Armor message as the OP, "NETGEAR Armor detected and blocked a suspicious connection on DISH DVR."

I tried replacing the WD Elements external drive with a different SSD but kept receiving the same alert message.

Last month, I decided that perhaps the problem was that the AirTV2 itself wasn't secure, so I purchased the latest model, an AirTV Anywhere, which has a built-in DVR, and installed it yesterday.

Unfortunately, I am still receiving the same Netgear Armor warning message. I tried to attach a screen shot to this message, which shows a "suspicious remote location" of 91.191.209.206 and gives the options of "Keep site blocked" or "Allow. I understand the risks. Allow anyway," but it appears the JPG file may not have attached. In any event, this suspicious IP address has a “Confidence of Abuse” index of 100% on the AbuseIPDB website, so I will choose the "Keep site blocked" option.

It appears the OP in this thread never responded to the reply, so it isn't clear whether the problem they reported was resolved or not.

I checked the https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor page suggested by @FURRYe38, but was unable to find any user with the same setup as mine who reported this specific problem.

Any assistance as to how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series