Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor R7000 in AP Mode

datadave27
Aspirant

Netgear Armor R7000 in AP Mode

Does anyone know if Netgear Armor works on the R7000 in AP mode? I was going to give the product a try for testing purposes as I already have Bitdefender and Bitdefender Box 1 I am getting rid of the Bitdefender Box 1 and was going to upgrade to the Box 2 then I saw Armor and thought I'd give it a try but it doesnt look like I have the option to enable the feature and I am on the latest firmware so I thought maybe Armor is not available while in AP mode, anyone else run into this? Thanks

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ktlsfc

@datadave27

Netgear Armor does not work when the router is in AP mode. An error message will appear when the router is in AP mode. 

~Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
ktlsfc
Tutor

Is there an answer to this? Can Armor work when the R700P or other Netgear routers are setup as AP?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 6
datadave27
Aspirant

Not that I am aware of I’ve done some research and not found any results. I actually almost forgot about this, I’ll try and contact support and see if they have an answer.
Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ktlsfc

@datadave27

Netgear Armor does not work when the router is in AP mode. An error message will appear when the router is in AP mode. 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 6
datadave27
Aspirant

Thanks for the update I kind of expected that much so I’ll just look to upgrade my perimeter security I only really use the Nighthawk for my iot devices for the most part, thank again!

Cheers
Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@datadave27

Sure thing! If you have any other question, we are here to answer! 

Enjoy the rest of your day! 

~Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7