Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor Slowed My Internet Speeds

DirtDiver
Aspirant

Netgear Armor Slowed My Internet Speeds

I am pretty new to this, so please bare with me while I try to sould slightly IT competent... I have been looking through the many posts about Netgear Armor and the speed issues that come with it, but since all things seem to be slightly different then my exact scenario, I was hoping to get some help/advise. I will start with the basics of my setup:

My house is about 2,700 soft (2 story). My internet provider speed is quoted as 1.2gig download and 35 upload (actual tests taken from plugged it at modem are 975 down and 44 up). I use xfinity (Comcast) and have one of their newest modem/router things (not sure on model info - it is white and tall-cube shaped) that I have in bridge mode. I have an Orbi RBR50 as my home router and an RBS50 as 1 satalite. Both are on firmware: 2.7.2.104. From the RBR50 a network cable runs to a switch which then feeds into multiple gaming systems for my son. Daisy chain, circle, etc are all disabled and beam force is on (as is what it seems is the go to for all troubleshooting first steps). As described, everything plugged in will do around 600-700 download and 40-44 upload. Once I activate Netgear Armor those same speeds (for the devices that are directly plugged into the RBR50 will only do a max of 127 download and 32-37 upload (not complaining about upload). I then turn off Netgear armor and everything goes back to high speed. I have rebooted, done a hard reset, and many other suggestions, but I am pretty sure that I narrowed down the problem to the Netgear Armor. The speed decrease also happens to devices connected via wireless. Any suggestions? Also, if there is no fix yet, do I need to get some other type of extra anti-malware for the network? Everything else in my house is Apple except for my son's gaming pc, Xbox, and PlayStation. Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
DirtDiver
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Armor Slowed My Internet Speeds

Modem details:

TECHNICOLOR CGM4331COM

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DirtDiver,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
DirtDiver
Aspirant

The device is not new, just the problem.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7