Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor degraded Orbi service

JWhite04
Aspirant

Netgear Armor degraded Orbi service

After installing Netgear Armor I found that the Satellite we have connected to our RBR20 system began showing a Poor Backhaul connection.  I attempted to simply disable the service, but the symptoms remained the same.  I was advised that a full reset of the Orbi system would remove Armor and thus resolve the problem.  Once completing the full reset I found that Armor was not only associated with the Orbi App and system, but turned itself back on and the Satellite continues to show a "Poor" state.

Would love to hear ideas on next steps.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Armor degraded Orbi service

Hello JWhite04,

May you provide the firmware version your Orbi units are currently on.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
JWhite04
Aspirant

Hello Christian,

The firmware version is 2.5.1.16 on both the Router and Satellite.

I'm a glutton for punishment as over the weekend I performed a full reset of the system (twice) and set it up with Armor disabled.  I also moved the Satellite ~10 feet closer to see if it was a proximity issue.

Given that the home is one story I have the benefit of not having the signal pass through floors, but need the satellite due to the home's length.  Also I need to install a second Satellite as we have a separate structure just beyond the house I want to ensure the signal extends to (it's within a reasonable distance.

I also tried using another Satellite (I had already bought the second one) in place of the original to see if it was a hardware issue with the original Satellite, but the problem remained.

So the issue is either Firmware, a legacy of Armor still being activated late last year (this has been my theory) or something faulty in the hardware of the router (least likely.)

Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JWhite04,

Thanks for confirming and the additional information. If you'd like, I can get you contact with our support team to look into the issues you're currently experiencing. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 6
JWhite04
Aspirant

That would be wonderful! 

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

JWhite04,

May you send me a private message with the following info:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Serial Number:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7