Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor log

GFT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear Armor log

I replaced my modem, and in order to get my Orbi to talk to the new Netgear modem I was forced to set it up again (both rebooting and power cycling were ineffective). During this process it did a trial installation of Netgear Armor (Armor was not previously installed, and I wasn't asked about installing it now.). My phone was then spammed with lots of messages telling me that nothing was wrong with individual devices and a single message telling me that a threat was found.

Going into the Orbi app on my phone for more detail I found the screen on the left, and in getting there I identified the device in question. Since this device is DMZed, I wasn't surprised. I then clicked on the "View log" button and saw the screen on the right. Why does the screen on the left tell me that there is a blocked threat while the screen on the right says "Armor hasn't found or blocked any threats."? Did Armor find something or not? Did it block something or not?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Armor log

Is that the screen that's seen when you selected "View Log"?

Message 2 of 3
GFT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Armor log

Yes, the screen on the right in my original post resulted from pressing the "View log" button on the left screen.

There may be some logic behind this that is not apparent to me, or maybe Armor has a bug. After a few days I have accumulated more threats. The attached screen capture is a more current capture of the same screen seen on the left in my original post, but scrolled up slightly. This is the Orbi app "Security" screen with device details obscured. You can now see that 77 Threats have accumulated, and if I click on the "View log" button I see the same empty log as shown on the right in my initial posting. But if I instead click on the "View all" button I get a list of the 77 "attacks" over the course of four days. My assumption is that the "View log" button either shows a different log (maybe static configuration errors identified in scans?) or it filters the threat log to the point of uselessness. The "View all" log includes the time of the attacks and the device being attacked - the sort of information that I hoped would appear when I pressed the "View log" button. I erroneously assumed from the placement of the "View log" button immediately above the graph, next to the title of the graph ("Threats Blocked"), and within the same section of the screen delineated by a horizontal line as the graph, implied that I would be shown the log data that generated the graph. Clearly that is not the case.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7