Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Stora MS2000 Mac OS High Sierra No access to drive

terrymac
Aspirant

Netgear Stora MS2000 Mac OS High Sierra No access to drive

Hi

I have a Netgear MS2000 and since upgarding my Mac Operating System to High Sierra I have no access to the drive. I understand that it should be running on 64bit instead of the current 32bit system

I downloaded the StoraDesktopApplications-2.5dmg from the website

When I try to run it I get a Mac error of StoraDesktopApplications-2.5dmg - Image not recognised

Have you any idea how I can solve thiis issue or is the drive not compatible and not able to run on 64bit any help would be appreciated

Model: MS2000|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear Stora MS2000 Mac OS High Sierra No access to drive

Unrelated, the protocols used are the same, and don't depend on the system OS architecture. The Stora does continue to be available for the Web based management.

The Stora Desktop Apps are optional, and I'm afriad, these are not available for the 64bit architecture. That's the only shortcoming.

Message 2 of 4
terrymac
Aspirant

Does this mean that the drive is obsolete for this new 64bit system and I will have to purchase a new compatible one
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

No. Neither a Web browser connection nor AFP and SMB are have changed with the 64-bit OS.

Only the utility - which is optional and not required to operate, manage, and access the STORA - might be no longer working.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7