Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk r7000

dlxxxc
Aspirant

Nighthawk r7000

I am looking for the Armor client for Mac OS to run on my MacBook Air. Can't seem to find the download, no URLs etc.

Is there a client for Armor to run on MacOS

Message 1 of 10

Re: Nighthawk r7000

Device specific downloads usually appear in the support pages for that model:

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

That page should have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Also try asking here:

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 10
dlxxxc
Aspirant

That's the first place I looked at of course. Very unclear and only android and ios is shown as supported
Message 3 of 10
dlxxxc
Aspirant

The support site is rubbish. Even the firmware versions are not downloadable. Getting messages file not found for every single firmware upgrade. And av software is only mentioned fot ios and android
Message 4 of 10

@dlxxxc wrote:
Even the firmware versions are not downloadable.

They work just fine here.

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.136 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Getting messages file not found for every single firmware upgrade.

Something is amiss at your end. Hard to tell with no details about what you are using to download these files.

And av software is only mentioned fot ios and android

That's because, as explained, Netgear doesn't produce "av" software for particular models.

Support for stuff like Armor and parental controls is at the firmware level. A lot of the management then happens through an "app" for your mobile devices.

You seem to be a bit confused as to how Armor works. I see no sign that you have posted a question in the most appropriate place to get help with that:

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

Then there is this:

What is the NETGEAR Armor Bitdefender Total Security feature? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 5 of 10
dlxxxc
Aspirant

I am not confused. You should be able to upgrade the firmware of the router from the nighthawk client. It states it is checking for new firmware and then says it up to date and it isn't as the latest version is

Firmware Version 1.0.11.136

the Armor / bitdefender license that covers different OS then ios and android...I can only find the mentioned apps. And not wjndows and mac os. And I am not talking about the Nighthawk client. Ghe AV client.
Message 6 of 10

@dlxxxc wrote:
You should be able to upgrade the firmware of the router from the nighthawk client. It states it is checking for new firmware and then says it up to date and it isn't as the latest version is

Unfortunately, that is not the most reliable way of checking the firmware.

The on-board check goes wrong for many reasons. One is that when Netgear implements major changes, like adding Armor to a device, it requires a two-step upgrade that the automated system can miss.

That is why we always ask people to tell us the version NUMBER.

Did you manage to download the firmware that you previously said is "not downloadable"?

the Armor / bitdefender license that covers different OS then ios and android...I can only find the mentioned apps. And not wjndows and mac os.

I have now explained several times why you are wasting your time looking for Armor software for your router. It doesn't exist. Your existing firmware is that "software".

There really isn't much point in continuing the conversation if you insist on seeking something that doesn't exist.

Is there any reason why you haven't, as far as I can see, visited the section here that supports Armor?

Message 7 of 10
dlxxxc
Aspirant

What am attitude!!! I have now explained several times why you are wasting your time looking for Armor software for your router. It doesn't exist. Your existing firmware is that "software".

I am not looking for armor software for my router. You are right. It is useless I am looking for the armor bitdefender av software for mac os. I know next time i will not be asking it on here.
Message 8 of 10
dlxxxc
Aspirant

I managed to resolve everything through other means
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements