Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 unable to activate NETGEAR ARMOR Subscription

Bruno78330
Aspirant

RBR850 unable to activate NETGEAR ARMOR Subscription

A while after set up, I tried netgear armor, then expired one month later normal.

Lasr Friday I bought on bitdefender store 12 months NETGEAR ARMOR received an activation key. 
Login on armor.netgear.com (operated by bitdefender), the router is seen as I can display the devices seen by the wifi router and the serial number is under the trial subscription.

I enter the activation key and get the attached error.  

5760BC9F-2700-4AEA-BCE9-DA1EC6189402.jpeg

not clear at all. I donot understand the comment to sign in with another account, as the one used is the netgear one to which the router is "connected/declared" and that I create/used  to set it up... An idea to fix that? Thank you. Sincerly no documentation, no real support, very poor offer (I have read a post on the same issue no explanation allowing to fix that is why I have no other possibility than to post this). Even under the advanced admin web interface, nothing. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Bruno78330
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 unable to activate NETGEAR ARMOR Subscription

For your information problem fixed thanks to NETGEAR support ticket posted by community manager, that I thanks again.

Root cause of problem: ARMOR subscription bought on store.bitdefender.com, not for the NETGEAR product I have (but no way to notice that, same subscription name)

reason: I looked in  bitdefender support how to buy NETGEAR (to find potential options...) and used a "link to buy".
This link in a hidden way, contained a NETGEAR product that is not displayed in the name of the ARMOR subscription, so I bough without knowing that.(and not for my product)

Later I search in another way and found a page in which first you chose the NETGEAR product, then go to the store to buy, at that time I guessed what I wrote above

THe NETGEAR support worked with bitdefender support to "convert" my subscription.

EXCELLENT support team, just a bit difficult to have access to them...

not very normal to have to go thru a community to get support from NETGEAR.

all that explained in satisfaction survey received from NETGEAR.

No doubt that will help improving the services, as may be this "final post"

kind regards

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Sadly, armor issues need to go through support (which can be a drag). 

There's a few things you can try like factory resetting but if its something that needs to be fixed on the backend, not much you can do. 

Click on "mynetgear" at the top. register an account and your device. From there, there is an option to contact support for one of your services. Use that option. 

NETGEAR Armor | Product | Support | NETGEAR

You can also try contacting bitdefender support if you'd prefer. sometimes its faster. 

NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefenders - Bitdefender Consumer Support Center

Message 2 of 6
Bruno78330
Aspirant

That you. I am going to try these suggestions. I already looped on supports/FAQ ... the issue (this time error as attached file) is not listed and no idea how  to get real support (chat, mail, phone). On one hand I bought at bitdefender and armor web site operated by bitdefender, but web site is armor.netgear.com, never good when two providers!

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bruno78330

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly send me a private message with the device serial number and your email address. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Bruno78330
Aspirant

For your information problem fixed thanks to NETGEAR support ticket posted by community manager, that I thanks again.

Root cause of problem: ARMOR subscription bought on store.bitdefender.com, not for the NETGEAR product I have (but no way to notice that, same subscription name)

reason: I looked in  bitdefender support how to buy NETGEAR (to find potential options...) and used a "link to buy".
This link in a hidden way, contained a NETGEAR product that is not displayed in the name of the ARMOR subscription, so I bough without knowing that.(and not for my product)

Later I search in another way and found a page in which first you chose the NETGEAR product, then go to the store to buy, at that time I guessed what I wrote above

THe NETGEAR support worked with bitdefender support to "convert" my subscription.

EXCELLENT support team, just a bit difficult to have access to them...

not very normal to have to go thru a community to get support from NETGEAR.

all that explained in satisfaction survey received from NETGEAR.

No doubt that will help improving the services, as may be this "final post"

kind regards

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7