Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XYZ Website Spam?

Networknoobie
Follower

XYZ Website Spam?

Hello,

I just returned from a trip and upon accessing my home wifi, I received numerous blocked spam messages from the following domains at odd times (net gear says 2am, but the time of the notification is more like 10pm). The websites blocked are all xyz websites:

2bjcp.xyz
stmfb.xyz
jkifo.xyz

Nothing comes up on the laptop when I did an antivirus scan. I’ve cleared my email spam folders as well. I had accessed the hotel internet with my laptop, and mainly used YouTube, email, and some travel blogs. The only browsers I have open when these notifications come up are my email and YouTube.

Googling the sites doesn’t bring up many hits, just a blank site that says “Nothing to see here”. How can I stop this spam? I can’t seem to find a source for it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
RVALENZ
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: XYZ Website Spam?

Possible that are Phishing sites that have been blocked by the app. We do not have the visibility on finding the source. 

Message 2 of 5
pmcollins22
Aspirant

I aqm getting the same thing, spam to xyz sites all day long, nothing found in my apps or antivirus scans that show any kind of malware or virus, but these notifications are really annoying. 

Message 3 of 5
robbobjimbob
Aspirant

I must get 50+ various .xyz domain threat warnings a day.  No idea where to look or how to block.

@pmcollins22 wrote:

I aqm getting the same thing, spam to xyz sites all day long, nothing found in my apps or antivirus scans that show any kind of malware or virus, but these notifications are really annoying. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
Abarrow0415
Aspirant

I’m am getting the same. It’s coming from my son’s laptop and no one is even home. Mine is showing ippointer.xyz and it’s a couple time a minute every minute. I finally turned off internet to his laptop until we get home from work/school.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7