Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 Multiple Subnets with VLANs

credm806
Tutor

BR500 Multiple Subnets with VLANs

Hello,

This forum has been very helpful for a non-IT business owner like me who wears the IT hat most of the times by default.

I got the complete line of insight products. Router, 24p POE smart Switch, 52p smart switch, and several wac510s. All seems to be going well after some research and playing around. But...

I'm trying to establish 6 VLANS each with their own subnet. Completely independent so they cannot ping each other. I've found that I think the BR500 can only support 4 subnets. Is that correct? After the 4th one is created, the "add" box is greyed out.

If that is the case, can I get a single subnet to assign IPs to multiple VLANs and keep them completely separate? I was reading that this may be an option in the routing table with ACL in the advanced settings, but I'll probably screw that up. Any way to do that in the insight platform?

Also, we really need IP reservations on the insight platform vs having to log into the BR500. My simple Google wifi puck at home can do that....

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate the help.

Chris
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Only four VLAN, one per BR500 LAN port only.

I would stick with the four possible VLANs for now - Netgear has some backlog on this functionality, convinced they work on it and more VLAN must be possible on the router platform. and at that point we might get firewall config rules in Insight management, too.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Only four VLAN, one per BR500 LAN port only.

I would stick with the four possible VLANs for now - Netgear has some backlog on this functionality, convinced they work on it and more VLAN must be possible on the router platform. and at that point we might get firewall config rules in Insight management, too.

Message 2 of 3
credm806
Tutor

Really appreciate the quick reply! I'll stick to 4 vlans and subnets then.

Have a good weekend.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements