Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS110TPP repeatedly reported as disconnected after firmware upgrade

blacknell
Guide

GS110TPP repeatedly reported as disconnected after firmware upgrade

My switch is repeatedly being reported as disconnected. However, it is still working as a switch.

This only started happening after a firmware upgrade this week.

A power cycle does force a reconnected to insight but all the attached POE devices reboot.

Model: GS110TPP|8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper Ports and Cloud Management
Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@blacknell,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us try this. Downgrade the firmware to its previous version (v7.0.7.2) then observe if the switch is still repeatedly being reported as disconnected.  Disconnect the GS110TPP from insight then downgrade the firmware manually.  Afterwards, reconnect it to Insight then observe. 

You can download GS110TPP firmware v7.0.7.2 here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
blacknell
Guide

Ok. That is now done and I switched off the firmware update schedule too.

I'll keep and eye over the next several days.

Paul

Message 3 of 7
blacknell
Guide

Ok. It's been 3 weeks since I switched back to 7.0.7.2 (from the suspect release 7.0.8.4). During this time I has no issues where the switch was repeatedly disconnected from Insight Cloud.

Since then I notice there has been a new release 7.0.9.5 but the release notes make no mention of my issue so I'm not going to upgrade until I hear specifically it is fixed.

Can someone from Netgear advise

Model: GS110TPP|8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper Ports and Cloud Management
Message 4 of 7
blacknell
Guide

A month goes by and no comment from Netgear.? I am paying for insight subscription and it’s not working. I want to keep my switch up to date and currently the only way to make it work is to lock to a specific firmware release.

Pls could netgear respond
Message 5 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@blacknell,

As far as I have checked, there is no issue pertaining to GS110TPP that is repeatedly being reported as disconnected in Insight.  

Since then I notice there has been a new release 7.0.9.5 but the release notes make no mention of my issue so I'm not going to upgrade until I hear specifically it is fixed.

We could only know if we try to update the GS110TPP firmware to the latest version which is v7.0.9.5 then observe if the switch will again be repeatedly being reported as disconnected in Insight.  

If the same problem occurs, I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime for further investigation. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
blacknell
Guide

I don't think I can open a ticket as my device is out of date?

I will try the suggestion
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements