Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Insight - Credit Allocation Tab Missing

Woodie1
Aspirant

Insight - Credit Allocation Tab Missing

My account show 5 available credits but I do not see the "Credit Allocation tab in my account. I've seen reference to the prifile being incorrect, but I don't see how to change anything in my account other than the usual. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 10
schumaku
Guru

Guess you talk of Insight Pro - The Credit Allocation is among other controls available only in the Pro Admin, not in the Pro Manager account.

PS. You can't think how many times we've hit the same trap 8-)

Message 2 of 10
Woodie1
Aspirant

Ouch. How do you assign credits to devices? Three of my devices show "Disconnected" but my account has five credits. Thank you!

Message 3 of 10
schumaku
Guru

Really talking of a Pro environment? The Credit Allocation goes to the Customer level, not the device level.

Disconnected must have another reason by rule of thumb. Rebooting does not bring them back online? 

Message 4 of 10
Woodie1
Aspirant

No, I've re-booted the WAC510's and the switches, but 3 devices stay disconnected - but not always the same 3. 3 of the 5 credits showing as available should be for the 3 disconnected devices. Before I added the last 3 WAC510 AP, all devices were fine. The issue started when I added the 3 new ones. Please see screen shots. Many thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 10
schumaku
Guru

That far it's correct - devices not connected to the Insight cloud account free up the licenses. Nothing to worry, not a licensing issue.

Figure out why the WAC510 don't connect reliably.  Try to remove and re-add one from Insight (just in case, take one that is rarely used for this weekend).

@RaghuHR your customer requires assistance. 

Message 6 of 10
Woodie1
Aspirant

Thank you very much. I removed and then added a device and it now says "waiting for first connect", which is what one of the other AP's have said for hours (I tried the remove / add last night)

Message 7 of 10
schumaku
Guru

Sorry to hear. You know I'm not Netgear, however I've seen a few other posts (on the Insight Pro side) which made me think there is a problem with the initial registration of devices into Insight since they have introduced the one year free license bundle with the units. Can't help much more from that point, hope Netgear will pick up soon. 

Oh, send @RaghuHR  a PM (-> PM to RaghuHR) with your Insight Account (email) and the serial numbers of the units struggling with the connection to  Insight.  

Message 8 of 10
Woodie1
Aspirant

Thanks very much! I've removed and added, reset to factory, and finally got one of the three to connect. The other two just are waiting for first connect however, I can see them and connect via http.

Message 9 of 10
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you @Woodie1  for the details that you sent me via PM. We are checking your case and update you.

Have a good day !

Raghu

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements