Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Resubscribe for WAX 620

Resubscribe for WAX 620

After a year my subscription has expired on the WAX 620. it isn't the easiest to find how to resubscribe. After searching, I find three prices. I chose the $79. per year as I use this at home and not at a business. It seemed to work ok accepting my credit card. I expected an almost immediate acceptance however, my Apple Card shows a $0.01 charge and is pending. Does Netgear only work Monday through Friday on charging for subscriptions? I never received an email from Netgear on the $79. charge or the $.01 charge and no activation key. Maybe the Apple Card is doing this but I never have this experience with other purchases on it. All I want to do is keep the device up to date. Anyone experiencing this? 

Thank you

Harmon Hodge

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions

Re: Resubscribe for WAX 620

@HarmonHodge wrote:
I can download the firmware to my Mac but cannot I stall it on the wax 620. I also tried logging in directly to see if I could do anything but that fails.

What happens when you try?

I see no suggestion in the manual that you have to have a subscription to update the firmware. Indeed, it has instructions on how to do it manually.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual

Manually download firmware and update the access point

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11

All Replies

@HarmonHodge wrote:

All I want to do is keep the device up to date. Anyone experiencing this? 

A question best asked in the area where people talk about those things.

Business Wireless - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the moderators to move your message.

Message 2 of 11
schumaku
Guru

No idea where your 79 USDpa information was coming from. Find the differentiation of Insight Premium and the Insight Pro subscription here ->https://www.netgear.com/business/services/insight/

Message 3 of 11

@HarmonHodge wrote:

All I want to do is keep the device up to date.

I doubt if you need to subscribe to anything to do that.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Firmware updates will also be there.

Message 4 of 11

Thank you. I will give it a try. I use Insight. It reads updates available but will not let me access. I also have a WAX601Y with the years support. It allowed me to up date it. I really have no need for support as this is for home use. I will try the links. 

Thank you

Harmon

Message 5 of 11
schumaku
Guru

The WAX610Y can be integrated with the Insight management, along with the WAX620, into the same location of course.

Message 6 of 11

Yessir. I have done that. Works great. I purchased the wax620 a year ago and the wax610y recently. Works great. I just lost the ability to up date the wax620 when the support expired. NetGear doesn’t seem to want to take money on weekends and send a key for me to renew. I can download the firmware to my Mac but cannot I stall it on the wax 620. I also tried logging in directly to see if I could do anything but that fails.

Thank you

Harmon
Message 7 of 11

@HarmonHodge wrote:
I can download the firmware to my Mac but cannot I stall it on the wax 620. I also tried logging in directly to see if I could do anything but that fails.

What happens when you try?

I see no suggestion in the manual that you have to have a subscription to update the firmware. Indeed, it has instructions on how to do it manually.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Check the section in the manual

Manually download firmware and update the access point

Message 8 of 11

Thank you!

I will cancel that $79.00 order. These work just fine for home and I was able to update the firmware. It was a little tricky as I had to get past the warning trying to access my browser. Once in It let me upload the new firmware I downloaded to the MacBook Pro.  

This site is very helpful. I have learned a ton on here from building my home network. This WAX 620 works great as well as the WAX 610Y on the deck. 

I also have a Netgear switch connected to my AT&T RG. I had to learn about injectors when I bought the 610Y. 

Fun messing with this stuff since retiring. 

Thanks everyone. 

Harmon

Message 9 of 11

@HarmonHodge wrote:

It was a little tricky as I had to get past the warning trying to access my browser. Once in It let me upload the new firmware I downloaded to the MacBook Pro.  

Browsers are getting increasingly picky. They hate http sites, but https is itself a problem with local things on your own network.

I get the impression that router makers and browser builders don't talk to each other.

Glad it worked.

Message 10 of 11

Thank you, I recently did the https on my web site. Moving from PC to Mac stuff to clean up my website. It is pretty crazy. Check out the www.atlantamafia.com  if you like college football equipment trucks. With all of the changes in conferences, I have a bunch of updates to do. 

Thank you

Harmon

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements