× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After update to 6.6.0, can't access anything on Admin page

Tonez90
Aspirant

Re: After update to 6.6.0, can't access anything on Admin page

Hi Skywalker. I updates using your method to 6.6.0 as I could not locate v6.6.1.beta on the site.

I used Raidar and the web interface but still could not get into the admin page (ialso used the https method also recommended).

I am at a loss now on what to do?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 51 of 58
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Tonez90 the 6.6.1 beta download links are available in the 6.6.1 beta announcement thread: ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T207 (Beta 2)

If you have a different problem to @spiros though this may not help. Have you sent in your logs downloaded using RAIDar 6.2 (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 52 of 58
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Tonez90 it looks like your email settings config is in a weird state from your logs. I would guess from the logs that this is probably what's preventing access to the admin page, but if you still have problems on 6.6.1 Beta we'd need remote access to your system to verify this.

Message 53 of 58
spiros
Aspirant

hello again and thanks for the reply....

@Skywalker i am downloading 6.6.1 (i guess i need the first download link 6.6.1-T207 arm ???)

can you please help me on how to install the new firmware??

@mdgm-ntgr thanks for reply....did you recieve my logs??you think i need to upgrade to 6.6.1??

any help with that???

thanks in advance,

Spiros

Message 54 of 58
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes you need the ARM link for the RN102.

You go to the page Skywalker mentioned and use the interface there to upload the firmware .img file that you downloaded.

@Skywalker wrote:

You can try updating to 6.6.1 Beta 2 by going to https://nas-ip-address/fwbroker and using the basic interface there to do a local update with the 6.6.1 Beta 2 image.

Those instructions should be straightforward.

@spiros wrote:

@mdgm-ntgr thanks for reply....did you recieve my logs??

Yes, that's what Skywalker based his recommendation on.

@spiros wrote:

you think i need to upgrade to 6.6.1??

Yes. It should fix your system. Other users unable to access the admin page likely will have run into different issues, that may/may not be resolved simply by updating the firmware.

Message 55 of 58
spiros
Aspirant

Hello again and good morning from Greece,

Well i just finished with 6.6.1 beta 2 but unfortunately nothing changed.

Still some users cannot access the folders they used to, and i cant still do anything with the admin page.

Sometimes i can log in but still the "Shares" pages and some others are not responding and i cant see anything.

Can i ask you if i can switch to 6.5.1 that used to work for my company??

Will this fix the problem??

Do you want me to mail you some other logs after the update??

What else can i do to help you??

If you have a live chat i can give some TeamViewer access....or anything else i can help.

Thanks in advance,

Spiros

Message 56 of 58
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Downloading a fresh set of logs using RAIDar and sending those in would be helpful.

Once you have updated to 6.6.0 (or later) you can't downgrade back to 6.5.x or earlier firmware. This is clearly mentioned in the Release Notes.

Please check your PM inbox.

Message 57 of 58
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Griff_EWP's problem has long since been solved and the issues posted in this thread have been several different ones making them difficult to keep track of. If you're still having a problem I would suggest opening a new thread.

Message 58 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 57 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements