× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anyone out there?

chirpa
Luminary

Anyone out there?

Besides the recently added L2 moderators, I'd like to see someone post in here (from NETGEAR). Haven't seen much activity lately, cept for posts from OOM-9.

If this forum is left for the community to fend for themselves, give it up to the community. There are more than a few people on here willing to take over hosting and management of the site. WhoCares,super-poussin,mdgm, and more I'm sure.

"Connect with Innovation", make it mean something.
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Anyone out there?

I agree that it would nice to see some more time spent on the forums by NetGear.
Message 2 of 8
bollar
Aspirant

That seems unlikely.

How long do you think it would take to rebuild a community? That might be a faster solution. I'm sure I'd be happy to go there instead.
Message 3 of 8
TeknoJnky
Hero

We are NETGEAR you will be assimilated.
Message 4 of 8
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Skywarp has been active this week which is nice to see, even if its only a couple Netgear people posting it gives some confidence to the community that Netgear cares.
Message 5 of 8
blue_max1
Aspirant

I rather think that some members have a broader knowledge of Netgear's products than they do themselves.

After all, Netgear merely sells the products, whereas many members use them on a daily basis.

It would be helpful to have some input, but I can see there would be areas where they would not want/be allowed to comment.

Product development being an obvious one. Or making observations/suggestions/recommendations that are not company policy being another.

I would hate to have to walk that particular tightrope.

In fact, I think it quite brave of Netgear to have an open forum. It has certainly been a factor in my buying Netgear's products.

However, the forum does seem to rely on a very small 'core' of kind souls who are always there to help. It certainly would be a sad day if any one of those people were to withdraw for any reason. Your support is much appreciated fellas!
Message 6 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

blue_max wrote:
However, the forum does seem to rely on a very small 'core' of kind souls who are always there to help. It certainly would be a sad day if any one of those people were to withdraw for any reason. Your support is much appreciated fellas!
Those souls are the ones keeping this site alive right now. mdgm and beisser are the daily spam cleaners. The 'jedi' seem to have vanished for the most part 😞
Message 7 of 8
Skywarp
Tutor

HERBIEO wrote:
Skywarp has been active this week which is nice to see, even if its only a couple Netgear people posting it gives some confidence to the community that Netgear cares.

I'm trying to get a bit of a feel for what L2 Support can do to help here. There will be more L2 Support on here in the future.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements