× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Apache restart

fondy
Tutor

Apache restart

Hello I am using OS6.10.4 on my Readynas Pro 2. I want using the NAS for Piwigo photo albums. When I install and work with the php files, I want to restart the apache2 service, SSH is avtivated and I use Putty til login. 'systemctl status -a apacher2' is ok, I can se the apache status 'systemctl restart apache2', 'systemctl stop apache2' and 'systemctl start apache2' did not work, I got error message Is there another cli commands I can use to restart the appache2 server? Regards Paal
Model: RNDP2220|ReadyNAS Pro 2 4TB (2 x 2TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Apache restart

@fondy wrote:
Hello I am using OS6.10.4 on my Readynas Pro 2. I want using the NAS for Piwigo photo albums. When I install and work with the php files, I want to restart the apache2 service, SSH is avtivated and I use Putty til login. 'systemctl status -a apacher2' is ok, I can se the apache status 'systemctl restart apache2', 'systemctl stop apache2' and 'systemctl start apache2' did not work, I got error message Is there another cli commands I can use to restart the appache2 server? Regards Paal

Those commands work fine on my RN102 (also running 6.10.4)

root@RN102:~# systemctl restart apache2
root@RN102:~# systemctl stop apache2
root@RN102:~# systemctl start apache2
root@RN102:~#

I suspect you logged into the NAS using the admin account, instead of using root. The commands will fail if you make that mistake.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@fondy wrote:

Those commands work fine on my RN102 (also running 6.10.4)

root@RN102:~# systemctl restart apache2
root@RN102:~# systemctl stop apache2
root@RN102:~# systemctl start apache2
root@RN102:~#

I suspect you logged into the NAS using the admin account, instead of using root. The commands will fail if you make that mistake.

Message 2 of 4
fondy
Tutor

thx a lot StephenB I will try that I am using the admin account 🙂
Message 3 of 4
fondy
Tutor

Hi tested an all is ok, thx a lot 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors