× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Atlantis UPS

fenice75
Aspirant

Atlantis UPS

Hi,

I have an Atlantis Land UPS ad a ReadyNAS Duo v2.
I didn't find a way to properly connect them.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks a lot
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Atlantis UPS

Do you have an A03? If not, please post the UPS model number.

Of course you connect the UPS to the power main (and charge it) first. Then connect the duo's main power to the UPS (with the duo shut down) and restart it.

You will also want to connect the UPS to the NAS via USB.

Per the A03 manual, The way to connect is to (a) connect the USB cable to the back of the UPS (the connection should be at the center top). This connector is USB type B (per this chart: http://www.l-com.com/content/USB-Connector-Chart.html)

Then connect the type A connector into one of the USB ports on the duo. This will allow the duo to receive alerts and status from the UPS (so it can shut down when the battery drains). Check the UPS screens on the duo web UI to make sure it sees the UPS status. RAIDar will also show you this.

Sometimes a power surge (for instance a nearby lightening strike) will also reach your LAN cable (blasting through your router). You can optionally protect the NAS from that kind of surge. You reconnect the Duo's lan cable to the UPS (rear top right) and run a new ethernet cable from the UPS to the Duo. The UPS doesn't use ethernet, this is simply some additional protection you could use.
Message 2 of 5
fenice75
Aspirant

Sorry, I made an error:

I have an ReadyNAS NV+ (Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.12 [1.00a043] )
and an UPS Atlantis UPS A03-HP851

I connect UPS to the NAS via USB but the NAS is not seeing the UPS. The same for RAIDar. I receive only an allert when I disconnect the UPS.

Why?

Thank you
Message 3 of 5
fenice75
Aspirant

I would like to update my ReadyNAS NV+ (Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.12 [1.00a043] ) with new firmware. Do you know if will be compatible with the UPS Atlantis UPS A03-HP851 ?
Now when I connect UPS to the NAS via USB the NAS is not seeing the UPS. The same for RAIDar. I receive only an allert when I disconnect the UPS.

Thank you and regards
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If it's not compatible with your NV+ (v1) now it won't be after a firmware update either.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements