× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup Job Grouping

mh5bl
Aspirant

Backup Job Grouping

The backup on the OS 6.2 has been up-dated and is more feature rich ( If not with bugs!! )
But there are a number of backup feature missing some already posted here.
The one that I think would be nice to see would be " groups for backup Jobs ".
So that you have one job start after the next one finishes.
This can be done, the once at the moment ! with the backup Button tab for the front backup button.
but It would be nice to set up more backup groups. I think this would make backup more powerful.
and I do not think the coding would be to hard to modify, as it is there for the backup button.
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

It would be nice if you could force the jobs to be sequentially run.
Message 2 of 5
mh5bl
Aspirant

Yes, and as I say this can be done with the backup button option but can not be scheduled and only one can be make.
Would be nice to can a number of groups and scheduled them and even then just assign that to the backup button.
Message 3 of 5
mh5bl
Aspirant

Other change that would be nice. Are changing the order of the jobs in the groups.
Message 4 of 5
hksscom
Apprentice

I love the RN314 (a BIG improvement over Ultra Plus and NV+), but I've also been griping about the OS6's backup implementation for a while (Review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R25KT7468C ... r_rdp_perm).

I, too, would like the following backup-related settings implemented:
1. Changing order of Backup jobs that are defined for the Backup button
2. Ability to start the Backup Button jobs from the GUI instead of having to physically push the button on the NAS
3. Ability to specify which jobs to run concurrently

I like the OP's suggestion to allow grouping of jobs too. Great idea!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements