× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access Admin Page

eierauge
Aspirant

Can't access Admin Page

Hello,

I can not reach the Adminpage with my RN 10400. Also a reboot does not work. Sometimes it hurts, if I make the NAS completely powerless, but does not work synonymous.

About RAIDAR I can make diagnostics and also download the protocols. Through the cloud, the NAS can be reached and also over the network.

As an app run Transmisson and Plex. OS 6.60

Please Help

Michael Hennecke

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't access Admin Page

Hi eierauge,

I agree that getting information about the RAID and if a back-up was made will not resolve the issue. The steps/information provided is meant to make sure that you will be having your most important data out of the ReadyNAS and already secured.

I think you will agree with me that the data on the ReadyNAS will be more important that the actual access of the admin page.

Worst case scenario is that the NAS might be having hardware issues like a bad drive, chassis problems etc. which normally ends up on needing data recovery, cloning (additional fee/payment will be needed for this service). If you have a back-up then you would be avoiding a potential payment for those services.

I would be advising the same thing. Please do a back-up of your files first. It should give more options on how to fix the admin page access.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Can you access the data?  If so, it would be wise to ensure you have an up-to-date backup.

Message 2 of 7
eierauge
Aspirant

Yes, I can access the data. Never made a backup. Thought always the system does it by itself.

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello eierauge,

NAS does not automatically back up unless you configure it to back up to another storage. What NAS does automatically is the idea of RAID. See the levels and their differences below:

• RAID 0. RAID 0 distributes data across multiple disks, resulting in improved disk performance compared to systems that do not use RAID formatting. The total capacity of your storage system equals the capacity of the smallest of your disk drives times the number of disks. RAID 0 is available on volumes consisting of two or more hard disks.

• RAID 1. This RAID level provides full redundancy of your data, because it duplicates data across multiple disks. Exactly the same data is stored on two disks at all times. RAID 1 protects your data from loss if one disk fails. The total capacity of our storage system equals the capacity of your smallest disk.

• RAID 5. This RAID level also provides data redundancy, but it requires at least three disks. RAID 5 uses the capacity of one disk to protect you from data loss if one disk fails. Your data is distributed across multiple disks to improve disk performance. The total capacity of your storage system equals the capacity of all your disks minus the capacity of one disk. It is supported on systems with at least four drive bays.

• RAID 6. This RAID level can recover from the loss of two disks. Your data is distributed across multiple disks to improve disk performance. The total capacity of your storage system equals the capacity of all your disks minus the capacity of two disks. It is supported on systems with at least four drive bays.

I suggest you back up the data while you still can, as this is what we always strongly recommend.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi eierauge,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
eierauge
Aspirant

Hi,
How should it help if you get information about raid and backup, but not on the unavailability of the adminpage. Because this problem does not resolve itself by a backup or the raid setting. Hope it will help me with my problem with the accomplishment of the adminpage.

Greetz

RN 10400 OS 6.61 T200 , Windows 10
Message 6 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi eierauge,

I agree that getting information about the RAID and if a back-up was made will not resolve the issue. The steps/information provided is meant to make sure that you will be having your most important data out of the ReadyNAS and already secured.

I think you will agree with me that the data on the ReadyNAS will be more important that the actual access of the admin page.

Worst case scenario is that the NAS might be having hardware issues like a bad drive, chassis problems etc. which normally ends up on needing data recovery, cloning (additional fee/payment will be needed for this service). If you have a back-up then you would be avoiding a potential payment for those services.

I would be advising the same thing. Please do a back-up of your files first. It should give more options on how to fix the admin page access.

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements