× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAIDar

RonLuxton123
Aspirant

RAIDar

I have lost my RAIDar software on this PC and trying to upload one from the Netgear site, (for version 4.3.8. which works satisfactorily on my second PC) the program keeps asking for Java, I have installed Java afresh and restarted the PC but the RAIDar downloader keeps asking for a Java package. I could not copy and paste from one PC (the second PC) to the other (this PC -  the PC which lost the software). Please help

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAIDar

Hello RonLuxton123,

What version of RAIDar are you trying to install and what is the operating system of the computer? Try uninstalling RAIDar from the computer and download it from this link. If you are still getting issues with Java then there must be a problem with the Jave software of this computer.

RAIDar is a software that will help you check if the ReadyNAS is connected to the network and gets a valid IP address. Basically, you can use the NAS without having RAIDar installed to the computer.  You just need to grab the IP address of the NAS. To get to the FrontView of the NAS which is the admin page, just type http:// followed by the IP address of the NAS in the address bar of your web browser. To get to the shares/volume of the NAS, just type \\ followed by the IP address of the NAS in the address bar of a Windows explorer.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
RonLuxton123
Aspirant

Re: RAIDar

Thanks for your help. I have been successfully using Radar 4.3.8 to access my Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ for some time,for this PC (64 bits, Windows 10) and a second PC (also 64 bits ans Windows 10) but now I cannot get into the ReadyNAS from either machine. I attempted to reload Radar 4.3.8 from your site for PC No. 1 as this was the version I had been using there, but could not get it to instal. I tried copying the 4.3.8 software across from PC No2

without success.

I am now unable to enter the ReadyNAS to obtain other details. I am confused about downloading a new Radar from the link that you supplied. Could you expand that a little ?

I will try to get into the NAS admin page by typing http.. followed by IP address, as you suggest. JAVA is fully up-to-date on each machine.

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements